UK release in DVD box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK release in DVD box?

Don't know if that was obvious anyway but the layout of the UK box to be found here,

ToTheGame

strongly reminds me of a DVD box layout. Especially the big "PC CDROM" label, which is normally put there so that the customers don't confuse Games with DVD movies.

Greetings,

Rince

What about our thick manual?!

I want it too! If there isn't manual, then it really should be cheaper.

Comment

Yes, it's a pity. They'll probably go for a Manual in PDF and a booklet explaining how to start the game "Double Click on the CD-ROM icon...."

Maybe there's still hope.

Comment

I think you're reading too much into what is now pretty much the standard layout of UK PC game boxes.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Well that is a very old screenshot of the box which I saw many, many months ago. Also I would like to point out that I have seen considerably larger and thicker DVD boxes before as well (I think the new Myst game is like that) that would quite easily accommodate a fairly hefty manual as well!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
            I think you're reading too much into what is now pretty much the standard layout of UK PC game boxes.
            Really? I can't remember having seen that big 'PC CDROM' label on any normal box.

Comment

It looks like a DVD box cover to me...
              'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

noooo!
                dan magada said there was a huge manual and my hopes were high. then i saw the uk box and thought. it looks better ythan the us one, but no i look at it i looks very DVD!!!!!
                help!
                black and whites manual was ok but didnt tell me some vital stuff, shoguns was big with lots of stuff then the add on was a dvd box!
                where will it end!!
                i want a big develppoper notes and everything
                Just my 2p.
                Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                Which shows you learn something every day.
                formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

I'm worried about the manual too. You can't fit more than about 100 pages in one of those DVD boxes. Looks like special edition for me (I wish )

Edit:
                  Ooops. Just seem PH's post. That could be the ideal solution...

Comment

Originally posted by tishco
                    noooo!
                    dan magada said there was a huge manual and my hopes were high. then i saw the uk box and thought. it looks better ythan the us one, but no i look at it i looks very DVD!!!!!
                    It looks like a DVD box indeed. The same PC-CD logo as I've seen on thoes plastic buggers. And Dan is in America. They have a proper box for sure.

Gosh, am I glad I ordered my Tin Can... hope it gets delivered.
                    To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

I bought Commandos 2. It came in DVD packaging, but still had more than ample room for a 50 page manual. Sizewise it was an A5 booklet.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I really hope they don`t do this. I loathe DVD-style boxes with an intensity you cannot possibly imagine. I much prefer a big chunky cardboard box that announces to the world that I own that particular game.
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rince
                          Yes, it's a pity. They'll probably go for a Manual in PDF and a booklet explaining how to start the game "Double Click on the CD-ROM icon...."

Maybe there's still hope.
                          Get real!!

Even if it is in a DVD type box they're still gonna supply a full manual even if its just all wrapped together...

Comment

I loathe DVD-style boxes with an intensity you cannot possibly imagine. I much prefer a big chunky cardboard box that announces to the world that I own that particular game

I much prefer DVD packaging. It means I can keep the "box". Anything bulky and I chuck it.

Also I think DVD games are better, they don't need loads of shelf space to announce their presence. People will go in looking for it, whereas bulky games tend to be ones people only notice while browsing.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

as i never keep any of the boxes i get games in I couldnt care what sort of box it coems in, i jsut keep the CD in its Crystal Cover.....
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X