Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the barbarians ever conquered the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the barbarians ever conquered the world?

I always wondered about this. In all the games of civ2 I played I've only see the barbarians take over one or two AI cities (NEVER mine, of course ) before the computer gathers it forces and smites the savages.

Has anyone ever tried to engineer a barbarian victory? Say, by destroying all the city defenses in a civ so the raging hordes can just sweep through. Once it reaches a sizeable amount does the barb AI do anything different than the regular AI? I think it'd be fun to try this, as it would be nice to have a game with at least one other universally hated civ

I've played a scenario I created myself that accidentally gave the barbarians strong units ahead of the ususal progression, and they proceded to clobber the AI civs. Had I not taken action myself, all the AI civs would have been conquered. For a small amount of dough, the Barb cities easily revolted.

I am assuming the same could happen with the regular rules.txt file, IF you slow down the advance of technology, making each advance take longer. This gives the barbarians a big advantage.
    Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

Well I have never come across it before. How would the game handle it though, as it is prepared for screens for conquest by other civs or you conquering, but not the barbarians conquering. It would be damn improbable for them to win though...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I remember someone created a scenario where the only way to win was for the barbarians to conquer the whole world AND you could not just take the AI cities and leave them empty for the barbarians to take.
        Rome rules

Comment

I have seen them take over the entire French empire before in at least two games I played. Those silly french...

Comment

I've seen the AI barbarians in Civ 2 build new units....even riflemen! But I don't think they can conquer the world.
            "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

on the world map i have seen the Japanese AI lose it's main island as well as other islands. it's mainland cities were ok.

on a random map i saw the egyptians lose ALL their cities to barbarians.

those are the only two times i saw barbs do major damage.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

i've never seen them take more than a city or two.. they tent to build just units too.
                I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Working...
                X