How long do you think will it take you to win a civ3 game at diety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JellyDonut
    Since even Sid can't beat it on Deity yet, I expect only the very arrogant to vote for anything less than a few months.
    Sorry, but usually a game designer is not the best player of its own game: he/she knows all AI cheats and can workaround them, but they can't find any weak point, because he/she is biased

AFAIK all the best players come from fan community, never from developer team.

Also, the amount of time needed depends from many points, mainly:
    1) how many hours you really spend playing (some have little free time for gaming)
    2) if you play to enjoy the game, and stumble in weak point just playing with care, or you play just for spoiling the game (e.g. restarting many times to try every alternative and see what works the best).
    3) if you play with an eye on Internet community, to apply new tactics in a "parallel" effort.

So, I'll prefer a poll about "how long will it take to constantly win any game in Civ 3, regardless of game level, and so stop having fun playing it?
    BTW If someone enjoy winning by cheat, it's his/her way of life... just don't bully over others players
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Good poll!

I gave the Ai the benefit of the doubt, and opted for 6 months.

To the childish kids/cheaters who opted for 'one day' I say:
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

hehe, i voted 1 year... although in CIV2 i reached until Prince level.
        Now im playing a CIV1 game at Prince, and with my chariot horde i conquered the world!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!
        Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
        Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Working...
        X