Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those whom it may concern, the strategy guide has been delayed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those whom it may concern, the strategy guide has been delayed!

For those of us looking forward to getting a sneak peek or two at the game a bit early, the guide now won't be released until the 30th. I highly suggest everyone buy Zoo Tycoon in the meantime.

Oh, and here's the link

Go ahead and give this topic one star now if you want to.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Re: For those whom it may concern, the strategy guide has been delayed!

Originally posted by monkspider
    Go ahead and give this topic one star now if you want to.
    Done.

Did anybody seriously expect the strat guide 2 weeks prior to Civ 3?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

What is scary is that the strategy guide is still probably already finished. So that they can publish it. Now if it is already done that means they haven't played the finished version. We know civ attributes changed as recently as a month ago. So how much confidence do you have in the strategy guide?
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
        What is scary is that the strategy guide is still probably already finished. So that they can publish it. Now if it is already done that means they haven't played the finished version. We know civ attributes changed as recently as a month ago. So how much confidence do you have in the strategy guide?
        Jeff said on the board a couple days ago that he is just now proof reading it, so I don't think it would of made an Oct. 17th deadline anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
          Same as any other strat guide, none.

And I do plan to get Zoo Tycoon to tie me over the 10 or so days before Civ3. I've never played a any other Tycoon game nor do I have any desire to but I'm an animal lover.

Comment

Question. Is the guide in the LE the Prima Strategy Guide? If so, I hope I can cancel a pre-order at Chips 'n' Bits.
            Formerly known as Masuro.
            The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatolia
              Question. Is the guide in the LE the Prima Strategy Guide? If so, I hope I can cancel a pre-order at Chips 'n' Bits.
              The LE does not include a strategy guide.

Comment

The funny thing is, I was almost considering (God, please forgive me!) buying the Prima guide just to quench some of my CIV thirst; but now it looks like I won't have to bother.

Comment

Frankly, I think a can (and most other people hear) can live without the stategy guide. The best straregy is of course worked out in actual experince.
                  "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                  --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

IMNSHO, experience is the best teacher.
                    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

One week after the release of Civ 3, all the strategies in the guide will be replaced by far better ones here on Apolyton. So buying the guide is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
                        One week after the release of Civ 3, all the strategies in the guide will be replaced by far better ones here on Apolyton. So buying the guide is useless.
                        This assumes prima guides contain strategies in the first place. Actual strategy is something they are usually light on.

I was hoping to get the guide early just to look over the units and other info and also to see what kind of editing for scenarios can be done.

Oh well, I may only get the guide now for historical purposes but no other reason.
                        Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home.

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Comment

Boohoo!

I always found strategy guides to be a waste of money. They contained nothing I either couldn't figure out for myself or eventually find online at web sites.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                          X