Railroads and Roads = movement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroads and Roads = movement?

I am just making a simple request of either Firaxis or anyone else that knows, if railroads will have infinite movement. I haven't been to the forums in a while, so I am kinda behind, if this has already been announced, don't jump on me. I just wanna know.

BTW, its my 1 year anniversary of being here at apolotyn.

Roads cost 1/3 movement points as per Civ 2, in your own territory and any territory of a civ that you have a movement pact with. Roads are ignored in hostile territory (cost 1 movement point)
    Railways are infinite in your own territory and movement pack territory. Railways are ignored in hostile territory, as per roads.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skank: Where was this confirmed? Must have been in some interview or post I haven't read.
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I am just making a simple request of either Firaxis or anyone else that knows, if railroads will have infinite movement. I haven't been to the forums in a while, so I am kinda behind, if this has already been announced, don't jump on me. I just wanna know.
        hmmm...I remember you...can't remember if we got along or hated each other though

"Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
          Skank: Where was this confirmed? Must have been in some interview or post I haven't read.
          I believe this was the first thread regarding it: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=25768.
          If it was in a gaming magazine I would expect it to be pretty acurate...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJH
            I believe this was the first thread regarding it: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=25768.
            If it was in a gaming magazine I would expect it to be pretty acurate...
            This thread says nothing about confirming or denying that RRs have infinite movement.

Comment

I was referring to the part of not being able to use the enemies roads/RRs in enemy terrirory. As for the other part I have heard nothing but I believe Firaxis would have said something if it was any different from Civ2.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJH
                I was referring to the part of not being able to use the enemies roads/RRs in enemy terrirory. As for the other part I have heard nothing but I believe Firaxis would have said something if it was any different from Civ2.
                We just found about engineers today because the question was repeatedly asked. There are no engineers in Civ3. It was changed from Civ2.

You can't assume that because they haven't said anything that some aspect of the game will be the same.

Comment

about engineers not being in the game...the newest screeny on civ3.com shows modern workers, probably alot like engineers.

ps. orange, I remember you too.........

Comment

Nice to see you again Diablo, but alas I cannot answer your question. Maybe Firaxis can answer...
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Actually, im not sure if Firaxis confirmed infinite movement points for rail or not The rest was confirmed tho
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Quite serious...

Originally posted by Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto
                        about engineers not being in the game...the newest screeny on civ3.com shows modern workers, probably alot like engineers.

ps. orange, I remember you too.........
                        did we fight about something?

welcome back in any event...
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                        X