Are there lots of useless stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jingo
    SID TELEPATHICALLY TOLD ME TO SAY: "no. no useless stats. no multiplayer. hey your lucky you got your diplomacy window. i can take that away too. beeyatch."

I am firmly pro-worthless statistic, I truly hope there are quite a few we can view in the game.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Maybe if there are not enough useless stats, someone will create a program that can decipher your save game files for stats for you.

Comment

I would check the demographics screen at least 6 times a turn in civ2. More! MORE!

Comment

Yes, I love all those useless statistics!!! And I hope there are many more in Civ3...

An interesting Apolyton statistic would be what is the likelyhood that someone will post onto this thread DEMANDING that Dan answer this question immediately? Unfortunately, I think it is quite possible. Sorry Dan.
          "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
          "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

useless stats are nice the whole modern economy is based on them.

Comment

Im all for useless stats. If i want to know just how much toilet paper each person in my kingdom uses on average per year, i should be able to easily find out! Of course, im all for slightly more useful information as well, like how many battles on average each type of unit wins/loses etc.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I love those useless stats, but never figured out how they are calculated in civ.
                Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  If i want to know just how much toilet paper each person in my kingdom uses on average per year, i should be able to easily find out!
                  But what if you are for example in 3000BC? Toilet paper hadn't been invented. That's a real problem...

Comment

Originally posted by krzysiek

But what if you are for example in 3000BC? Toilet paper hadn't been invented. That's a real problem...
                    THAT is the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon

THAT is the problem?
                      No problem: Toilet papyrus

I wouldn't like to think what they did earlier than that though: Toilet stone tablets
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I thought they used the tongues of their slaves...

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                          I thought they used the tongues of their slaves...
                          Ask Felch X, he'd know
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I wouldn't like to think what they did earlier than that though: Toilet stone tablets
                            You've been watching Flintstones have you? '
                            I think they used dried leaves or something....
                            It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              there is no such thing as a useless statistic
                              Go Mark. Especially statistics that require the designer to explain how they are derived. This time though, I'd prefer the program work for all civs.
                              (In civ 2 the GNP and avg income per citizen calculations are broke for the purple civ. Others could be broken, but how would you tell, since you can't determine how they were derived without either a statistics or mathematics degree. )
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

i'm all for billions of stats but im sure firxis would have shownb it off it was THAT extensive.
                                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                                X