Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sid Meier's contribution to CivIII revealed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drake
    So basically he just lended his name to the project
    no, no! he also sat around and played the game!
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic civver

You'd better avoid deity level when civ3 comes out
      i never fail at civ (ok when i play eyesofnight but his style irks me, the whole "rush with horses before your city builds a defensive unit" thing).
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual

Hahaha, are u fu**ing crazy?. Programming is the BEST part of a game. It can be as addictive as playing a game. Whats better, play with something u have to adjust at, or play a game that u are programming that if u see something u want to change, just open the editor and add the code lines?

Think it. Programming is a great experience.
        It's a total waste of time to talk to people who are ignorant, and yet still believe that they know more than anyone else.
        ==========================
        www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Think about it. You're Sid and you've got this team of programmers who are making this great game. You can do whatever you want in the project. So what exactly do you do for two years? Do you code? No. Do you do the designing? No. Do you work on the graphics and sound? No. You go home with a copy of the game and sit on your ass all day playing the game in your underwear, taking small breaks to make Ramen noodles for basic nutrition and to drink Jolt cola to insure that sleep will never get in the way of playing.
          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
            Think about it. You're Sid and you've got this team of programmers who are making this great game. You can do whatever you want in the project. So what exactly do you do for two years? Do you code? No. Do you do the designing? No. Do you work on the graphics and sound? No. You go home with a copy of the game and sit on your ass all day playing the game in your underwear, taking small breaks to make Ramen noodles for basic nutrition and to drink Jolt cola to insure that sleep will never get in the way of playing.
            My dream job!!!

No really, I don't see anything wrong with it, he's earned where he's gotten himself. I really doubt many people who are the head of large companies do a lot of work themselves besides directing.

Comment

Originally posted by drake
              So basically he just lended his name to the project
              Yah that's too bad!! I thought he would have more to do with Civ3 than that.... However, he didn't work on Civ2 that much either did he? And that turned out excellent.
              Here's hoping.
              "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
              "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton

Yah that's too bad!! I thought he would have more to do with Civ3 than that.... However, he didn't work on Civ2 that much either did he? And that turned out excellent.
                Here's hoping.
                Spare him, Sid! PLEASE!
                "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Even as a developer, I find design, architecture, and feature selection much more interesting. Programming is very challenging, but to shape a strategic vision of a team of people....that is much more fun. You decide what features live and die, what the final product is....everything to your vision.

Sid doesn't need to code. He just has to ensure the product is good. And that is the way it should be. You do not have your five star generals polishing the weapons!

Comment

Originally posted by Asesino_Virtual

Hahaha, are u fu**ing crazy?. Programming is the BEST part of a game. It can be as addictive as playing a game. Whats better, play with something u have to adjust at, or play a game that u are programming that if u see something u want to change, just open the editor and add the code lines?

Think it. Programming is a great experience.
                    Having spent nearly 2 years as a programmer, this all I can say of it:

I got my thrill of the day at lunch, doing the NYT crossword.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Good! I'm glad to see that Sid (I'm so creative) Meyer had limited involvement. He constantly blabs about innovation, then goes and does a remake of a crappy game, the name of which I won't repeat. Face it the man's burned out if he wasn't already rich he'd be harrassing you for quarters on the sidewalk.

Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Even as a developer, I find design, architecture, and feature selection much more interesting. Programming is very challenging, but to shape a strategic vision of a team of people....that is much more fun. You decide what features live and die, what the final product is....everything to your vision.
                        Exactly. But it takes quite some experience to realize that.

Comment

Working...
                        X