Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Firaxis giving us unfinished game, or just old info

Originally posted by Stuie

Dan, I hope you know I was kidding in my "Day in the Life" thread. I was reflecting more what Apolytoners probably feel you are doing as we sit waiting for screens/updates/posts/etc. from you. I work in software development, and I know how busy you must be, and therefore I am extremely appreciative of every second you spare to give us whatever information you can.

Thanks!
    Stuie,

No worries, I wouldn't have replied to that thread had I thought you were serious

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

did he answer?

Yeah, but is there a luxury slider? I'm buying the game either way, I'm just trying to pre map my strategies.

Pardon for all your worries Dan, it's just that with al the conflicting information, it seems that a lot of us won't believe ANYTHING until we actually possess the game. does it have MP or not? I guess that was up in the air up until Gold Day. We do appreciate what dregs of info you give us, we are just frustrated at the plethora of non answers. We are so eager to actually play the game and satisfy our curiousity on all these unknown matters that we jump and theorize on the least scraps you give us.

ah well, 3 weeks to go!!!!!

good gosh, I'm starting to sound like Yin. ugh.
      Last edited by Father Beast; October 10, 2001, 16:39.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Re: did he answer?

Originally posted by Father Beast
        Yeah, but is there a luxury slider? I'm buying the game either way, I'm just trying to pre map my strategies.

Pardon for all your worries Dan, it's just that with al the conflicting information, it seems that a lot of us won't believe ANYTHING until we actually possess the game. does it have MP or not? I guess that was up in the air up until Gold Day. We do appreciate what dregs of info you give us, we are just frustrated at the plethora of non answers. We are so eager to actually play the game and satisfy our curiousity on all these unknown matters that we jump and theorize on the least scraps you give us.

ah well, 3 weeks to go!!!!!

good gosh, I'm starting to sound like Yin. ugh.
        Didn't realize that question was still outstanding. Yes, you have a luxury slider as well as a research slider. I think at one point the luxury slider had been taken out, which is why it didn't appear in some screenshots, but I can't remember. In any case, you definitely do have a luxury slider.

Dan
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

no mp seee other tthread
          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Re: Re: did he answer?

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Didn't realize that question was still outstanding. Yes, you have a luxury slider as well as a research slider. I think at one point the luxury slider had been taken out, which is why it didn't appear in some screenshots, but I can't remember. In any case, you definitely do have a luxury slider.

Dan
            This is v. good.

Anyway, Dan, we always appreciate when you talk to us and fully appreciate the workload you have.
            Rome rules

Comment

I wouldn't be as nice as Dan has been if I were in his place. Stupid questions, stupid complaints, endless "hey-Dan-answer-this-and-that" threads,... You know he isn't contractually obligated to come here and share info, and again, if I were in his place, I would definitely consider stop replying to a few people.
              Some of you are really making me sick. Learn some manners.

Thanks again Dan

btw, the fact that the "engineer" unit is no longer around doesn't mean a worker in BC will perform exactly as a worker in AD. New techs will definitely bring added functions to the modern worker unit. I totally support this change, I'm sure it's for the best.

Comment

I can't control what magazines people scan pictures from
                I'd like to repeat my suggestion from long ago: Please put a date stamp on ALL the images you release to magazines and on-line sites. I think ES has begun to do this recently as well.

Very simple and very helpful for everybody.
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                  I think ES has begun to do this recently as well.
                  What's ES?

Comment

Ah, sorry: Ensemble Studios...of Bruce Shelley fame. They REALLY know how to run things like unique units, artwork, testing, interaction with the public, etc. And I've noticed lately their screens have date stamps on them, too.

Of course, if you played Age of Kings, you'd know it took a while to get the Town Center patch available, but they continue to do amazing work. Age of Mythology looks to be simply outstanding.
                    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

there's no MP, so the game is unfinished
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I for one want to thank Dan for his efforts. I have been very impressed with his dedication to the fans on this site. I mean it's not as if he is paid to come here and answer everyone's questions.
                        I'm sure there are a lot of companies that could care less about having someone come to a fansite and answer questions. They would just say wait till the game is out.

Thanks. And take a break Dan you deserve it!
                        "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                        "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Working...
                        X