What will be on the Tech Tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be on the Tech Tree?

I was wondering what to expect on the "Tech Tree poster" included in the LE.

Can you help Dan?

Will it just be a Tech Tree or will the poster include all the units, terrain types, wonders, city-improvements and tile-improvements with their abilities ? (as on the CTP2 poster)

I'm wondering because, I'm debating wether to get the LE, the poster is the only thing I really want from it and it seems not to be included in the normal version or am I mistaking?
    Last edited by Tjoepie; October 10, 2001, 08:58.
    Live long and prosper !

I'm almost certain the 'revenues' of each tech will be listed. This was the case with Civ2 as well. I expect there to be a wonders, a buildings, a abilities and a units listing at least.

Without this info, the thing would be decidedly less useful.

Comment

i hope there wil be other stuff, i used that more than the techs (especially because ctp had so many of them
      And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Has anyone seen a print or even a part of the poster in any magazine or something?
        Live long and prosper !

Comment

Originally posted by Tjoepie
          Thanks guy's, but the real question is not answered...

Has anyone seen a print or even a part of the poster in any magazine or something?

Here's the deal:

It's a four-panel fold-out of the tech tree, with the Civ III logo on the back. I wouldn't be too concerned if you only bought the "regular" edition, as the Tech advisor allows you to see the entire tech tree for each era anyway.

You basically *needed* the tech tree to play Civ II or SMAC because those games didn't do a very good job of letting you see the "big picture" of the tech tree. In Civ III, that isn't a problem because everything you need is right there on the screen anyway.

Dan
          Dan Magaha
          Firaxis Games, Inc.
          --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
            It's a four-panel fold-out of the tech tree, with the Civ III logo on the back. I wouldn't be too concerned if you only bought the "regular" edition, as the Tech advisor allows you to see the entire tech tree for each era anyway.
            Print Screen + A3 printer, here we go!
            Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Thanks alot mate, you saved me 10$ !
              Live long and prosper !

Comment

Will we be getting a *.pdf (or similar printable version) of the tech tree before release?

I await the release of the tech tree, so that the berating or praising of pre-requisites can begin. CtP2 had some really bad errors, but I have faith in Firaxis.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well I have got used to having a tech tree to glance through when I am still learning the game, deciding where to go. Call me sad, but I used to have the SMAC tech tree on the wall of my room at university
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have FHM posters of Alyson Hannigan and Rachel Stevens, but whatever gets you through the night PH.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yep, it's the organic superlubricant that does it for me every time
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                      X