What maps will there be in Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What maps will there be in Civ

What maps will there be in Civ3. Will there be earth and then i meanHuge World: 180x180 16 Civs , and will europe be in there.
    Last edited by Henk_Glimlach; October 10, 2001, 07:59.
    I love the Roman empire.

well, we know 12 scenarios are in the game, so i assume they have maps, Im sure the world is included (heck, ONE of 'ems gotta be the whole world ), and Europe (for ww2) but we dont know about others.
    And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

thx
      I love the Roman empire.

Comment

Hmm, when I first read the latest civ3.com Ask the Civ Team, I thought the reply about map sizes referred to earth maps:

The default world sizes in Civilization III are as follows:

Tiny World: 60x60 4 Civs
        Small World: 80x80 6 Civs
        Standard World: 100x100 8 Civs
        Large World: 140x140 12 Civs
        Huge World: 180x180 16 Civs

You can use the included editor to alter these world sizes, with the ability to create maps up to 256 x 256 in size.
        Now I realize world map != earth map. Darn. I have no doubt there will be at least one earth map -- it's a civ tradition. I still believe they will have maps in all the (five) standard map sizes in Civ 3 -- based on the fact that that's how it was in Civ 2 (though there were only 3 standard sizes). I would bet on there being a Euro map and a Mediterranean map as well, for at least a few of the included scenarios.

Comment

The more important question is...

How many maps will there be available within 30 days after release? Nearly all of the non-random maps that I play in on Civ2 are the ones that I downloaded from Apolyton. What difference does it make which ones Firaxis included, esp when there will be many, many more available soon after the release?

Comment

the more important question is:

woll the world map (the biggest) be big enough to have a proper europe? Like, the real world has been dominated by european nations, and they can have wopping production rates etc, but in civ2 you could do **** if you started as the english.
            eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

In CivI starting as the english on the world map was much more a challenge. In CivII the challenge was less, because Britain was larger.

Comment

It all depends upon what world map you were playing on. Did you know that there are many versions of the world map, some using other projections as the basis?

Comment

The problem with world maps is that places near the equator are shrunk while places near the poles are enlarged.

Comment

I will probably make a British Isles map, as I did for CtP2. Unless one is shipped with the game
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Britian is a sick cat nowadays, it's as weak as any 3rd world nation.
                      ==========================
                      www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Maps, schmaps the real question we should be asking ourselves is: "How good is the map editor?"
                        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Just shooting to get a rise out of you.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dida
                              Try invading. You'd probably fail drastically. Not bad for a 'weak 3rd world nation'. Sometimes some of you Americans are so f**king arrogant that it is incredibly annoying. And you seem baffled as to why other nations dislike you

Anyway, back to the original question. I would expect there would be the standard array of world maps (differing sizes), perhaps some maps of certain areas of the world, I would expect the mediterranean as was the case in civ2, but who knows...we will have to wait and see. But the world maps will almost certainly be in there...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X