Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October 30th release date; I wonder ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 30th release date; I wonder ....

Considering the fact that civ3 has already gone gold some days ago, and assuming the manuals are already printed (see the "Take the Locutus Challenge " thread), I wouldn't be supprised if we were to get our greasy hands on a copy of civ3 way before the release date of October 30th.

But maybe this is just wishful thinking of an addict waiting for his fix.
    Somebody told me I should get a signature.

hm. i would expect them to be able to SHIP at least preordered items before that date. anyone knows how this shipment thingie actually works?

Comment

It is my understanding that shipment actually starts on Oct. 30. This means that in a few shipping days after that, the stores will receive their copies, and then they will start their shipments to pre-buyers. I'm counting on receiving my Civ3 LE somewhere in near December.

But for my 'fix' I might just resort to 'other' resources.

Comment

Many times with a release of this size, the physical product will be sent to distributors and sometimes even the actual retail stores with explicit instructions not to sell the game prior to a given date. Retailers adhere to the wishes of companies in these cases in order to maintain a good relationship and keep the games coming in the future. I know this to be true in distribution of videos/dvds as well - the product may arrive on 10/27 with an agreement not to sell/ship until 10/30.

Therefore, to be brief, don't count on getting it any sooner.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Many times with a release of this size, the physical product will be sent to distributors and sometimes even the actual retail stores with explicit instructions not to sell the game prior to a given date.
          Why would they do such an evil thing?
          Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

It won't be released any earlier than Oct 30th.

I'm psychic, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannamagnus

Why would they do such an evil thing?
              To coordinate the release. That way no one retailer gains any sort of advantage over another, and Infogrames can say "Available October 31st" and that is when it's available.

What kills me is that one of EBs distribution centers is about 15 minutes from where I work. To bad they don't have a walk-up window.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
              X