X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will hotseat games be an option?

Will Civ3 have hotseat?

If not
    Ah the middle finger the most communicative of the fingers.
    -Guybrush Threepwood

Why must the Fox network destroy my childhood memories?

Well this is the same as asking the PBEM. If it has one, it will have the other as the code would be effectively the same...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Its hard to say. They orignally promised hotseat but with mp not shipping with civ3, who know if we'll get it. I definitely hope we do. I know I would use it.
      Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

I just want to know that they fixed the Diplomacy in Hotseat.

Maybe make special turns for negociations.

I don't want the computer to bargain deals for me, and to start wars.

Comment

if civ3 doesn't have Multiplayer that means it won't have PBEM or hotseat, because they are multiplayer components

Comment

If CivIII MP is not included, I can't imagine that any MP mode will come with the initial release.

Of course, I do hope they plan on incorporating both hotseat and pbem, as both of these modes are vital to the survival of the current CIV community. (but why would Firaxis commit such an atrocity as no hotseat/pbem?)

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
              if civ3 doesn't have Multiplayer that means it won't have PBEM or hotseat, because they are multiplayer components
              But Hotseat is much easier to code. Only thing they need is to have diplomacy screen modified for HORSEAT & PBEM.

No need for CHAT screens, simultanious gameplay code, various protocols for network play, etc.

I remember playing CIV2 HOTSEAT with original Civ2 disc.
              All I needed was a hack file, which modified a savegame, by replacing bit
              for AI with a bit for human player. Although diplomacy didn't worked,
              we excanged technologies with cheat editor.
              Anyway we had a great time.

Personally I think that they will:
              -Give as a game without MP, and then give Hotseat & PBEM with PATCH or
              -Give as a game initialy with Hotseat & PBEM (no other MP), and give as
              other multiplayer options with expansion pack

Comment

player1

i was more making an observation than an assetment of the difficulty in adding PBEM/hotseat

if civ3 doesn't have MP then that includes PBEM/hotseat, lan, ip, etc

if it has one of those features then it has MP

Comment

Yes, you ara right.
                  But, only thinh we know about MP is when some guy (I don't remember the name) asked Friaxis to give hime a free copies of CIV3 so he could make a use of them in his experiment on his LAN (something about difference in play between humans & AI).
                  Then Firaxis replayed that that part of game won't be finished before next year.
                  But, that dosn't mean that some othen types of MP (like PBEM or HOTEST) won't be finished if LAN play is not.

Comment

I don't want hotseat or direct-connect -- they all suck for MP. Here's hoping for something new: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/HTML/000343.html#5

Comment

Hotseat better be in :madL

Its the best way of playing mulitplayer (for me anyhow).

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                        Its the best way of playing mulitplayer (for me anyhow).
                        For me too!
                        Since I have only one Computer & my Internet connection is VERY BAD,
                        Hotseat is my ONLY good option (PBEM last too long).

Comment

I would like beating up my brother in CIV3, like I did in CivNet & Civ2!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisShaffer
                            I don't want hotseat or direct-connect -- they all suck for MP. Here's hoping for something new: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum28/HTML/000343.html#5
                            Hmm, not really a turn based game then, eh?

Comment

Working...
                            X