Solver summarizes our knowledge of civ3
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Good Column
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Yeah, a nice, optimistic and enthusiastic column. Apart from one thing, you are still whining about the bleeding resolution. Who uses 800x600 any more? Get out there and invest in a new monitor. If yours can't support anything higher it should have been in the dustbin years ago! Even a cheapo 15" will support 1024x768 so do it!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

this is what it says at the bottom
        Snapcase has written three columns before, each under a different name. You don't want to know why he wrote the first one. (sucker!)
        umm... wasn't it solver that wrote it??
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

DL!

Actually, it was good. Too bad, I originally thought someone had a hold of the game.

Nice overview.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
            this is what it says at the bottom

yeah, i saw that too
            Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Good job Solver

Reading through this article just reminds me how much Firaxis has done to improve, solidify, and revolutionize CIV with every game they release.

Can't wait!
              Last edited by Sarxis; October 9, 2001, 05:13.

Comment

Of course!!

Snapcase IS Solver!!!
                Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Good (P)review, but...

...Claiming a resource isn’t that easy either, as you must connect it to your city with a road, but you can only build roads inside own borders.
                  Italics added.

That's not my understanding. I thought that was another snafu from CtP2. Otherwise, a basically well written piece.

For the resolution problem, I know that on a 15" monitor that 800x600 is the standard, with higher res getting a bit small. Another $300+ for a decent 17" monitor (more if you get a brand-name; e.g., Apple). Actually, he is probably trying to save up for an LCD monitor, which would explain his griping.

Comment

Originally posted by dainbramaged13
                    Snapcase wrote last week's column. I can only assume that Mark cuts and pastes into each html doc each week and accidently left the bio for Snapcase in the place where Solver's should have gone.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Nice article!

But I'm still missing the translation of
                      the interview with Sid and the Civ III preview,
                      that I sent to Dan over one week ago.
                      Looks likes he's asleep or just lazy.

Dan, wouldn't it be time to finally publish
                      that article? Civ III is almost here!
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Good article, I must ammite though I never seen so many previews
                        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Thanks for the nice words!
                          Well, I got my 800x600 problem solved after I wrote the article, shortly.

And yes, I am Snapcase .
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

How have you sorted the problem Solver?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I can tweak the rules so that it *does* run on 800x600, or play on a friend's monitor.
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X