Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP or no MP?

So will the game include multiplayer?
    Should a well educated civer already know this or are we just waiting for Firaxis response?

Well if anyone knows, tell us. Since it is gold, it cant be changed anyway, so why cant we know?

Comment

Although I don't play multiplayer much, I hope that Firaxis was trying to lower our expectations so they could surprise us by releasing civ3 with multiplayer..

Comment

Yes, they will release Civ3 with multiplayer. I don't know when but they will.

Comment

MP, or not MP- that is the question

Originally posted by Steve Clark
          Yes, they will release Civ3 with multiplayer. I don't know when but they will.

What do you mean? Are you saying that the initial release of CivIII will include MP? And if so, where did you hear this?

Or are you just saying that eventually there will be a 'Gold' version that will include both?

Comment

Although I will buy the XP anyway (if/when it comes out) they should really make MP a patch if it doesn't come with the game. Bundling it with an XP is a sneaky way to make money...and I think it would really damage some people's view (including mine) of Firaxis.

Do the right thing Sid!
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange
              Although I will buy the XP anyway (if/when it comes out) they should really make MP a patch if it doesn't come with the game. Bundling it with an XP is a sneaky way to make money...and I think it would really damage some people's view (including mine) of Firaxis.

Do the right thing Sid!
              The only thing is: the marketing of the game isn't really in the hands of Sid or Firaxis. Infogrames is the publisher, and basically they say what is what. So though Sid may or may not agree with the marketing of an MP XP, it is really in Infogrames court to make the choice.

Comment

Don't worry . MP is in the game Firaxis just wants to surprise us. I'm sure of it...
                "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

I hope so simpleton
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

uhm

It would be very odd if they would not add MP to the initial release. Almost every game which now get released has MP capability.
                    Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

I think we won't see any MP in Civ III 1.0,
                      but we can always hope for that. Thumbs up and
                      fingers crossed!
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Every game these days that has anything going for it has mp capabilities. They can either show us how backwards they are by not including it, or showing us that they are actually in the 21st century with the rest of us and include it.
                        I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                        Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I can't see why they can't have at least basic MP options like Hotseat and PBeM. All they have to do is nick the code from SMAX. It would be very poor of Firaxis not to include MP at the start.
                          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Well pbem and hotseat are nice for some SITS, but when most say MP with civ, thats not what comes to mind.........
                            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

No, all I am saying (again) is that they will release a Civ3 version with MP. Probably not this year but they will. As far as all games being released with MP, that is not true at all. There have been several games in the past 2 years that were initially designed to be MP or to have MP included but didn't. It is an entirely new beast to tame, esp. for a SP-centric game. It does sound like Firaxis will want to do this right instead of half-a$$ed. But the way many of you are impatiently whining, you would think that you don't want it done right.

Comment

Working...
                              X