Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas resources

Simple question, probably already answered:

How will we be able to link our capital to a resource by road when the resource tile is on a different continent from our capital?

Are you sure that the resources have to be linked to the Capitol, or just to a nearby city?

Comment

I believe the plan was to connect via port cities, with the possibility of blockading those ports to cut the connection but I've seen no recent news on this. The exact game mechanics will probably only be known when the players get their hands on the manual.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Yes, you can connect a city on another continent to your capital by building either a port or an airport in that city and the same in a city already connected to your capital. So if that outpost city can get the resource, then it will go to your entire trade network. Or at least that is what I have so far heard. As for blockading, I'm not sure exactly how this will be done if implemented.

Comment

That is so cool! Forcing a player to build a port or an airport to get the resources is really great! I love the strategy potential in this game.
          Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
          "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

too lazy to read your posts.

overseas cities need to be connected to you capital via harbor or airport.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Since when was iron or oil transported by plane? It seems daft for large amounts of raw materials to arrive by air.

It makes a bit more sense for luxuries to be transported by plane however.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                Since when was iron or oil transported by plane? It seems daft for large amounts of raw materials to arrive by air.
                The Berlin Blockade by the Russians at the end of the 1940's, everything had to come in by air. But can a player blockade an air lift using air defences?

David
                "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Yes but once the crisis was over they built roads. They didn't continue with airfreight.

So how about airfreight costing money, so it is only used as a last resort, like a surrounded city, or a blockaded island.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                    So how about airfreight costing money, so it is only used as a last resort, like a surrounded city, or a blockaded island.
                    I think this is already covered in the upkeep of the airport. Anyway, you won't be able to build airports until much later in the game, so its likely you'll already have a seaport to connect to your capital.

Comment

Working...
                    X