No announcement yet.

Communism and culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can only work squares inside your borders (aka city radii). City radii are affected by total culture points for that city. Cities do not always have 21 square work area. One square radius at 10 culture points, 2 square at 100, etc. (the exact numbers may be wrong.) When your city radii begin to overlap, you end up with a nice little border around your civ.

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus
      You can only work squares inside your borders (aka city radii). City radii are affected by total culture points for that city. Cities do not always have 21 square work area. One square radius at 10 culture points, 2 square at 100, etc. (the exact numbers may be wrong.) When your city radii begin to overlap, you end up with a nice little border around your civ.
      The city radii only expands with culture to 2 squares out (21 squares), but the culture border keeps expanding. You can't work tiles that are beyond your city radii but in your culture border, however you have claim to that land and it's resources and these borders do overlap to create a national border.

Comment

ok here is a few things

the maximum number of tiles a city in civ3 can work is 21 which corresponds to the civ2 city radius

what firaxis originally said was that you could work any visable square in the city radius regardless if they were in your cultural borders, the one exception is if those tiles are in another civ's cultural borders

from one of the screenshots it looks like firaxis may have changed the rules so that until your cultural borders expand you can only work the tiles directly around your city...has firaxis mentioned if this change is true?

also you can only collect a special resource if it is connected to your city and is inside of your cultural borders, or if it is in nuetral territory and has a colony on it, i am almost positive that you cannot build a colony in enemy territory, and that if your colony ever falls inside of any civ's territory that it disappears

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJH

The city radii only expands with culture to 2 squares out (21 squares), but the culture border keeps expanding. You can't work tiles that are beyond your city radii but in your culture border, however you have claim to that land and it's resources and these borders do overlap to create a national border.
          sounds correct to me.

Comment

I read somewhere that the limit in the expansion of a border is about 8 squares. Is it true? And one of the wining strategy IS getting a 8 square cultural city and U win is it true too?

don't remember where I saw it...

Comment

i remember somethign abut 6 million cultural points or something, but Dan said it was a lot harder than it sounds.

sounds like a new OCC
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Rege
                I read somewhere that the limit in the expansion of a border is about 8 squares. Is it true? And one of the wining strategy IS getting a 8 square cultural city and U win is it true too?

don't remember where I saw it...
                I remember hearing somewhere that 80,000 cultural points in one city constitutes a cultural victory, but I don't know this for sure.

Comment

Re: Communism and culture

Originally posted by Russell

In other words, a switch to communism would cause a major upheaval to your civilization as it should be, and would give a real genuine alternative to other government types.
                  Good thought, Russell!

Finally realistic communism.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                  X