Mac users: Civ III Wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac users: Civ III Wallpaper

Yes, we Mac users can also put the Civ III wallpaper on our desktop. Here's how:

1) Load the wallpaper image in your browser ( This week's can be found at http://www.civ3.com/images/themes/ir..._prop_1024.jpg ).
    2) Click on the picture and hold the mouse down until you see a little menu pop up.
    3) Select "Download image to disk" or whatever it is in your browser.
    4) Save it to your disk.
    5) Open the "Appearance" or "Desktop Pictures" control panel (depends on your OS version, Appearance for MacOS 9 and Desktop Pictures for Mac OS 8).
    6) Click "Remove Picture" if you already have a picture on your desktop.
    7) Click "Select Picture..." and choose the downloaded image and...

Voilà! Your Civ III wallpaper is on your desktop.
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

uh, i just drug it onto my screen, went to options and set it as my backround
    Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Originally posted by d_dudy
      uh, i just drug it onto my screen, went to options and set it as my backround
      My solution doesn't use drugs!

What do you mean by this? I assume you dragged-and-dropped the image on the desktop. And what "Options" do you mean? Was it in the View menu? What OS are you using?
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

yeah, sorry for being vague and uh.....grammarically challenged

i "dragged and dropped" the picture off the explorer.

then i held down on control and clicked the mouse (making a menu similiar to the right click on win) on the bottom of this menu is a "change desktop backround" option. you'll find what you need in there, including the differant themes you can use for your mac

i am on os8.6
        Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Working...
        X