Full headdress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think of it as generalizing the attire of the Iroquois
    Didn't they say that the Iroquois represent the North American Indians in general? Is the head attire closer to any of the other North American tribes?

Comment

In my opinion, I don't think it's a big deal that the warrior is wearing a full head dress. Sure, it may not be realistic, but on the bright side, it looks cool.

I wish we would stop nit-picking about every little thing about this game.
      Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
      "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Beaudoin
        In my opinion, I don't think it's a big deal that the warrior is wearing a full head dress. Sure, it may not be realistic, but on the bright side, it looks cool.

I wish we would stop nit-picking about every little thing about this game.
        AMEN to that!

In my last post I said a casual gamer would like it better this way, which he would, but that dosen't make him ignorant. If you know that one car is faster than another but the other one looks much cooler you would probably take the "cool" one. Simply becouse you cant drive fast very often but the car will always look cool. IOW the Iroquiose unit will please more people if it looks like this.

Just my $0.02
        "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chronus

Didn't they say that the Iroquois represent the North American Indians in general? Is the head attire closer to any of the other North American tribes?
          no. More steriotypes

In my last post I said a casual gamer would like it better this way, which he would, but that dosen't make him ignorant. If you know that one car is faster than another but the other one looks much cooler you would probably take the "cool" one. Simply becouse you cant drive fast very often but the car will always look cool. IOW the Iroquiose unit will please more people if it looks like this.
          Yes, wonderful analogy. It all makes sense now
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Its a good thing that Firaxis now finally have moved all game-editing possibilities into standalone editors, with real point-and-click interfaces. The SMAC planetary-pack faction-editor, is an example of this approach. Hopefully, we will see even more powerful & more extended editors in Civ-3.
            There seems to be no other way to alert most Civ-customers in understanding how flexible & tweakable this game really is. However, thanks to above approach nobody can possibly miss it. Its much better then hiding it in some obscure game-map txt-files.
            Last edited by Ralf; October 8, 2001, 17:16.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
              So...we appease an ignorant person and piss off a culture?

Yup, sounds good to me. Bring on the French "sissy" UU, and the German "nazi" UU
              You have it all wrong orange. The French get the UU 'Frogeater'; the Italians get the 'Sissy', but I think it is called 'Coward'. Very low attack and defense, but when attacked, boy can it run
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have so much to learn from you PH
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Oh the English will have a 'pompous arse' special unit who will endlessly stand there and tell boring anecdotes about how great the empire is and how they are the greatest people on the planet. Basically, if you stand your unit next to a 'pompous arse' for too long, it will slip into an extremely deep sleep through boredom and die
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

...'pompous arse'...
                    That's fast becoming a better UU for the Americans, I'm afraid

Comment

Working...
                    X