Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!

Originally posted by Alexnm
    When Civ3 comes out, I will be here more than never. The reason is simple: I'll still be waiting for Civ3 to be released here where I live. AFAIK, there is no release date and I will be suffering while I read the posts stressing how fun the game is, how one can not stop playing it etc...
    Aah! Don't do that! The worst thing you can do is know everything about a game before it comes out. I will have to wait a week or more after the release date to start playing the game while my computer's being repaired and as soon as I see a thread like "I just got my copy!!!" I'm going to leave Apolyton and not come back until I've played a few games. This is part the reason I'm secretly happy Dan hasn't been handing out new information That and arguing about unconfirmed information from details in screenshots and little blurbs from Firaxians was fun; it was quite a shame when they told us what the civs were and killed the Civs Included thread...
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I hate havving things divided into seperate forums - it means you hafta have lots of windows open.

Comment

The worst thing you can do is know everything about a game before it comes out.
        Well, JellyDonut, maybe you're right. Before I got CTP2 (yes, I did ), I read a lot about it here on the forums, and, somehow, when I first started the game, I almost knew what I would see and feel. That, in a sense, has reduced the fun of the game to me (and... yes, I think CTP2 can be a little fun... ).

So I may run away from Apolyton until I get my own Civ3 copy, but that's going to be a herculean task...

Oh, and for those who might be asking themselves "If he had read about CTP2 on the forums, then why did he buy the game?", I would say that I'm just a shameless masochist.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          No, but there will be a "Civ3-HowDoIStopPlayingTheGame" forum.
          How many people honestly are going to be posting in that forum? I mean come on. Anyone that could give advice is going to be busy playing the game himself. I think you might want to rethink that one.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Solver
            No, but there will be a "Civ3-HowDoIStopPlayingTheGame" forum.

How many people honestly are going to be posting in that forum?
            It depends how well Civ3 performs under alt-tab.

Comment

Well, today is the 8th. If C3 is going to be on time, then I suppose we will probably be seeing changes anywhere between now and the 30th.

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                I hate havving things divided into seperate forums - it means you hafta have lots of windows open.
                But at the same time more threads get replied to and the forum content is more specific.

Comment

I am not quite able to react on all the posts I would like to react to. There are already too much and with more different forums it would probably become only worse. But Akron is also right. It would become a real mess if everything is dumped in one forum. I hope the guys here at Apolyton know what they should do.

Comment

Originally posted by Oligarf
                    I hope the guys here at Apolyton know what they should do.
                    They certainly did when it came to CTP, it wasn't their fault the game was so crap.

IMHO there should be forums for:

Mods
                    MP
                    Strategy
                    General celebration of Firaxis (or complaining for the few).

David
                    "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Keep the number of forums to a minimum!!

I'm even annoyed that there are 2 right now. The Civs forums is really slow and doesn't get as much feedback as I would like. I think one forum right now would be just fine.

However, after the game is released I can understand that one forum would probably be too messy, and the best threads might get lost in a sea of useless crap. However, at least we have the advantage of not having a lot of kids with floods of one-liners like you would get in a forum such as one for Starcraft and its ilk.

I think Civs could be subsumed under strategy after the game is released, thus eliminating one extra forum. Bugs, MP, General, and Scenario/Mods could round it out.

Comment

Maybe that some kind of voting system could work. If a thread has a certain number of replies it is promoted to a 'no-crap-forum'. That might make not the mess we fear for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X