Custom Unique Units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Unique Units?

Since you can create your own Civilization with the tools, does this mean you can create (or select) a custom unique unit?

Well, I figure that this'd be a given. Perhaps we could have a custom civ with zero or several unique units...? Dan, does a civ have to have exactly one UU?
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

You can edit all units, even CSUs. It was confirmed by Firaxis somewhere that you can have as many CSUs as you like.
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
        Well, I figure that this'd be a given. Perhaps we could have a custom civ with zero or several unique units...? Dan, does a civ have to have exactly one UU?
        In civ scenarios I know that there was some way to make custom specific units for each civ, so this will probably be possible in civ 3 too. Maybe later some modder could add another CSU to every civ, especially for modern age units, given that there are so few as it is.

Comment

I remember reading that it is possible to make any or all or no units unique. The process was such a chore in Civ 2, but in 3 you will just toggle a switch. Sweet!

Comment

In Civ 2, there was a way but I don't think it was intended by the editor programmers. You would take a tech and make a unit have that as it's prereq. Then you would have to give that tech to the civ with that unit and make it so you couldn't research it. This meant you would have to sacrifice a tech for every civ with a CSU.

Just gave me an idea for Civ III. You can make the AIs have to do OCC! All you need to do is make it so nobody can build a Settlers unit! I can't wait for this game!
            "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
            "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
              In Civ 2, there was a way but I don't think it was intended by the editor programmers. You would take a tech and make a unit have that as it's prereq. Then you would have to give that tech to the civ with that unit and make it so you couldn't research it. This meant you would have to sacrifice a tech for every civ with a CSU.

Just gave me an idea for Civ III. You can make the AIs have to do OCC! All you need to do is make it so nobody can build a Settlers unit! I can't wait for this game!
              I'm not sure what OCC is, but I like it!

Seriously, that will be a very cool feature for scenarios. And especially with the division of settler and worker functions. You could have turned off the settler in Civ 2 as well, but then you wouldn't be able to build roads, mine, irrigate, etc.

Comment

OCC is One City Challenge where you build only one city for the entirety of the game. There are also some other rules to the challenge involved too.

Ask around, someone else will know more.

Comment

I really like that idea of forcing everyone to do OCC. It would allow you to do OCC against the other AI, and still have a fair chance to grab resources for your own city-state Apparently wonders require resources, as do most units, and happiness is also dependent on resources, so getting resources in an OCC game will be very useful.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                  X