Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the sight of a unit depending on the terrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the sight of a unit depending on the terrain?

I've been watching the MakingCiv3.avi closely today, and I've found that the ground units see two squares of clear terrain, but only one square of mountain, hills and forests. Is this true? Have anyone else seen it?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

They've stated that terrain does affect visibility. Multiple times.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah.

Also, from a mountain, your line of sight is much greater than from on grassland or plain. Pretty cool feature.

Comment

You also see further when on top of a mountain (you can attack further too).
        "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
        "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

On top of a mountain you can look further, that is the only thing I have read till now.

Comment

It seems all three of us jumped in with the same info at the same time
            "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Comment

Originally posted by Tventano
              On top of a mountain you can look further, that is the only thing I have read till now.
              I'd just been looking closely on all 13000 frames, not listened again to the speech.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

although i have not read anything about this, the video does show that from the plains you can not see past a mountain. that is realistic and cool if it is acurate!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo
                  although i have not read anything about this, the video does show that from the plains you can not see past a mountain. that is realistic and cool if it is acurate!
                  I have not downloaded either of the videos because of my tremendously slow connection, but this looks like a neat little innovation, especially since those mountains are so tall . Once again, to Firaxis!

Comment

come on vgriph, get on the ball here.

yes height of terrain affects site.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                    X