Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if leaders could change with the era?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if leaders could change with the era?

The title says it all. What if leaders changed with the era? Is it possible?

Check it out - the leader pic and background change with the eras, so depending how the leader pics are modified, it seems like you could picture a different leader for each era! The only remaining difficulty would be allowing names to change with the pictures. Imagine America for instance -

Ancient Leader - John Smith (Jamestown), or that Mayflower compact guy.

Medieval Leader - James Madison (wrote the constitution), George Washington, or Jefferson

Industrial Leader - Lincoln, Susan B. Anthony, or TR

Modern Leader - MLK, JFK, FDR, LBJ, or For the right wingers Reagan.

Would that not be a great! Imagine how this could lend more color to different civs

Russians
    Ancient - Ivan the Terrible
    Medieval - Peter the Great
    Industrial - Lenin
    Modern - Yeltsen

English
    Ancient - Harold
    Medieval - Elizabeth
    Industrial - Victoria
    Modern - Churchill, Thatcher, Blair

French
    Ancient - Charlemagne
    Medieval - Louis XIV
    Industrial - Napoleon
    Modern - DeGaulle

(Ok, i'm conflating the medieval, rennaissance, and enlightenment)

Anyone know if this can be done? Anyone else think this is a great idea?

Well, I'd imagine you'd be able to put in different leader pics for different ages. Not sure about the names, however. I can't believe I never thought of this...

Comment

Expanding on that:

Babylonians
      Ancient - Hammurabi
      Medieval - Nobody
      Industrial - Nobody
      Modern - Nobody

Aztecs
      Ancient - Nobody
      Medieval - Montezuma
      Industrial - Nobody
      Modern - Nobody

Zulus
      Ancient - Nobody
      Medieval - Nobody
      Industrial - Shaka Zulu
      Modern - Mandela???

Great idea!
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

no, leaders should not change with era.
        ==========================
        www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

I like the idea. Each leader could respond differently in talks.

Comment

I like the idea. Each leader could respond differently in talks and have different characteristics.

Comment

Sorry double post.

Comment

JellyDonut has a point there. Anyway, quality over quantity. It doesn't really matter that much in terms of gameplay and would require 4x as much art . And I want my civ now!

Comment

no, leaders should not change with era.
                  Who says? You?
                  Anyway, its an idea for a mod. Of course, maybe my mod will catch on and become "standard" as it were. Then when MP gets released you'll have to use my mod to play others. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
                  >> This evil laugh assumes of course that my hypothetical mod is possible<<

Aztecs
                  Ancient - Nobody
                  Medieval - Montezuma
                  Industrial - Nobody
                  Modern - Nobody
                  So I'll have to dust off my old world history textbook. Big deal. If necessary, I can just parse out a civ's timeline more charitably as I did for the Americans (John Smith was enlightenment, not ancient you know) But for the Aztecs I could -
                  Industrial - Pancho Villa
                  Modern - Vincente Fox
                  If I feel like it. Aztecs become Mexicans just like DF was built over Tenoctitlan (sp?)

And I'll make Saddam the modern Babylonian leader if I so choose. Besides my mod idea will work for the majority of civs in the game - China, Egypt, Germany, Rome, Greece, Russia, America (sort of), France, England, India, Persia (Khomeni anyone?), all can be divided (even if a little forced) into these sorts of periods.

Comment

Anyway, quality over quantity. It doesn't really matter that much in terms of gameplay and would require 4x as much art .
                    It's an idea for a mod not officially sponsored by Firaxis. Firaxis can keep their animated clownheads.
                    Actually, since I do not intend to use animated leaders, it will require a hell of a lot LESS art.

Comment

Nice, but no. Especially the way they would change attitude.

(Hum, So-an-so is king of England now but if I wait two turns then king what's-his-name will be in power and I'll screw him over!)
                      "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                      "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                      "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Not only does the artwork issue prevent this, it also doesn't help that the human player remains the same all the time...sort of spoils the 'fun' of changing leaders of the other civs.

Comment

no, silly, KruX rules the American Communism for all eternity.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            no, silly, KruX rules the American Communism for all eternity.
                            http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=28491

Die!! lame azz Murdering Bolsheviks!

Comment

Originally posted by Christantine The Great
                              Nice, but no. Especially the way they would change attitude.

(Hum, So-an-so is king of England now but if I wait two turns then king what's-his-name will be in power and I'll screw him over!)
                              That's why you should support my idea of choosing leaders from a random pool of civ specific leaders!

AI chooses a random leader for each Civ in the start and a random leader 2 - 5 times during a game.

And you don't get to know exactly the traits of each leader

Comment

Working...
                              X