Resources in the Game, facts only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources in the Game, facts only

I don't know whether or not there has been a thread on this before, but I checked the last month without finding anything. So I started a new one.

The goal of this thread is to find out all resources that is included and what bonuses they give.

Screenshots (and videos) are prime source, as text written by Firaxians.
    Previews are secondary source, and require multiple references to be considered as true. Also note that newer screens are more important then older (obviously). Edit: Also screens without named resources are in this category.
    Edit 2: (?) after an image means that it might be that resource, the name is sure, but the image has been guessed.
    Edit 3: (?) after a name means that it is guessed
    Edit 4: If you provide new info be sure to include a link to that info.
    Also info complied by CivFanatics has been proven to be false, and will not be considered as facts.
    Edit 5: Layout cannged to table a prerequire for a resource is no longer within {}
    Edit 6: All known effects are listed. That doesn't mean that there aren't other effects as well as the on currently listed.
    Edit 7: UUs now appear in [color={linkcolor}]linkcolor[/color]

Last Updated 28-10-01 19:25 GMT
    [COLOR={secondaltcolor}]Prime source[/COLOR]
    [COLOR={secondaltcolor}][/COLOR][COLOR={secondaltcolor}]Name[/COLOR][COLOR={secondaltcolor}]Prerequire[/COLOR][COLOR={secondaltcolor}]Effect[/COLOR]
    [COLOR={secondaltcolor}]Strategic Resources[/COLOR]
    ironIron Working+1 shield
    Required for:
    Improvements: Coastal Fortress, Factory and Iron Works**
    Units: Privateer, Ironclad, Frigate, Swordsmen, Pikeman, Cannon, [color={linkcolor}]Roman Legions[/color], [color={linkcolor}]Imortals[/color], [color={linkcolor}]Samurais[/color] and Knights
    oilRefining+1 shield
    +2 trade
    Required for: Transport, Submarine, Jet Fighter, Fighter, Helicopter, Stealth Fighter, Stealth Bomber, Battleships, Destroyer, Carrier, Bomber, Modern Armor, Machine Infantry, [color={linkcolor}]Panzer[/color], Paratroopers, Tank
    uraniumFission+2 shields
    +3 trade
    Required for:
    Improvements: Nuclear Plant, SS Fuel Cells and Manhattan Project
    Untis: Tactical Nuke, Stealth Fighter, Nuclear Sub, ICBM and AEGIS Cruiser
    rubberReplaceable Parts+2 trade
    Required for:
    Improvements: Mass Transit System and SS Exterior Casing
    Untis: Machine Infantry, Armor, Modern Armor, Helicopter, [color={linkcolor}]Panzer[/color], Paratroopers, Marines and Tank
    horsesThe Wheel+1 trade
    Required for: Chariot, [color={linkcolor}]War Chariot[/color], Horsemen, Knights, [color={linkcolor}]Rider[/color], Cavalry and [color={linkcolor}]Cossack[/color]
    saltpeterGunpowder+1 trade
    Required for:
    Improvement: Coastal Fortress
    Units: Cannon, Privateer, Frigate, Musketmen, [color={linkcolor}]Musketteers[/color], Cavalry and [color={linkcolor}]Cossack[/color]
    coalSteam Power+2 shields
    +1 trade
    Required for:
    Improvements: Coal Plant, Railroads (terrain) and Iron Works**
    Unti: Ironclad
    aluminiumRocketry+2 shields
    Required for:
    Improvements: SAM Battery, Apollo Program, SS Stasis Chamber, SS Storage/Supply, SS Planetary Party Lounge, SS Exterior Casing, SS Life Support System, SS Thrusters, SS Cockpit, SS Docking Bay and SS Engine
    Units: AEGIS Cruiser, Tactical Nuke, ICBM, Stealth Bomber, Radar Artillery, Modern Armor and Cruise Missile
    [COLOR={secondaltcolor}]Luxuries[/COLOR]
    (?)spice+2 trade
    silk+3 trade
    gems*+4 trade
    ivory+2 tade
    dye+1 trade
    incense+1 trade
    wine+1 food
    +1 trade
    (?)furs+1 shield
    +1 trade
    [COLOR={secondaltcolor}]Bonus Tiles[/COLOR]
    wheat+2 food
    gold+4 trade
    game+1 food
    fish+2 food
    +1 trade
    whales+1 food
    +1 shield
    +2 trade
    cattle+2 food
    +1 shield

*Gems may also be named Diamonds
    **Resource required within city radius
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gramphos; October 28, 2001, 18:32.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

I believe coal is another strategic resource. I remember reading that it and iron were necessary for a minor wonder that allows you to produce steel, which is required for many modern units.

Comment

From civfanatics, it says that gold and wine may be other luxuries too.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
        I believe coal is another strategic resource. I remember reading that it and iron were necessary for a minor wonder that allows you to produce steel, which is required for many modern units.
        I thought that too, but I was looking for it in one hour without find it, but I've seen it on pictures . Still I don't know for sure whether it is just a Bonus or a Strategic Resource. Can someone help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
          From civfanatics, it says that gold and wine may be other luxuries too.
          Have seen them on the map too, and I don't see that it can be anything but luxuries. Still I'd like a text-reference other then one summed up by another civ-site.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

I thought that too, but I was looking for it in one hour without find it, but I've seen it on pictures . Still I don't know for sure whether it is just a Bonus or a Strategic Resource. Can someone help me out.
            I am pretty sure ther is coal. I have read it in many places!!!

Also, wasn't gold a luxury?
            "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
            "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Yea, wine was the other one that I tought was a luxury.
              "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Originally posted by java4me
                I am pretty sure ther is coal. I have read it in many places!!!
                But is it Strategic or just a tile bonus?

Comment

That is what I don't know.

I haven't figured that out.

Comment

way to go vgriph
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Why would it be a tile bonus? It doesn't give trade or food certainly, and production only questionably. I'd say its a strategic one, but I have no evidence to back it up, except a few screenshots.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

gold is bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Why would it be a tile bonus? It doesn't give trade or food certainly, and production only questionably. I'd say its a strategic one, but I have no evidence to back it up, except a few screenshots.
                          I think that is all we have. I don't know where else to look.

Comment

Gems are in as a luxury as well, my proof? Here: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...261-66,00.html

And furs: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...261-64,00.html

David
                            "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by Crouchback
                              Gems are in as a luxury as well, my proof? Here: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...261-66,00.html

And furs: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...261-64,00.html

David
                              Hmm...You are right, add both of those to the list Gramphos!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X