Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would u like to know who is the AI programmer and who is Dan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would u like to know who is the AI programmer and who is Dan?

Soren Johnson, Programmer
    Soren spent his formative years playing games like Adventure Construction Set, Seven Cities of Gold, and Lords of Conquest on his family's state-of-the-art Commodore 64. Many years later, he graduated from Stanford with a BA in History and a MS in Computer Science, focusing on adaptive algorithms and human-computer interaction. Before coming to Firaxis, Soren wet his feet at Electronic Arts, working on the PSX versions of Knockout Kings 2000 and 2001. His claim to fame is being the only programmer to have ever moved away from Silicon Valley. Soren's primary mission is writing the AI for Civilization III.

Dan Magaha, Web Wizard
    Dan graduated from UMBC with a BS in Information Systems management and is working on his Masters degree in the same field. When he's not surfing fansites or confusing bank tellers with his last name, Dan enjoys reading comics, playing games, and spending quality time with his lovely wife. Dan vehemently denies that the pictured sombrero is the root of all his power.

I took this info from the Firaxis site. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

We know
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      We know
      I didn't know about the sombrero of power, only the turtle of destiny.

But it's got to be good news that Soren Johnson's first degree is in History, it might give the AI some depth.

David
      "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        We know
        Do we?

Comment

Yeah, some dork with no life already dug up all the info on Soren in an attempt to give hope for the AI. We've even had thread threatening the life of the tank-dweller for Civ3 info. Something tells me Soren wasn't that afraid.

About Dan's "sombrero of power," I guessing tequilla and a "double-dog dare" was involved.

Comment

Yeah didn't say that at the time serapis

Well Dan sounds umm... urr interesting
            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight
              Well Dan sounds umm... urr interesting
              Hey, I listen to every word that man utters with deep awe and lasting respect.

David

Comment

THATS DAN?
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

So Do I crouchback but still I kind of pictured him as a brain hooked up to the net
                  Attached Files
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

So Do I crouchback but still I kind of pictured him as a brain hooked up to the net
                    lol
                    good one

Comment

Yeah didn't say that at the time serapis
                      Uber started a thread after the pre-release video, "Info or the turtle gets it" or something to that effect. Funny thread at a time when we've kind of stagnated for new info (ie. any time other then Fridays)

Comment

Darkknight.

Comment

@ both pictures of Dan!
                          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Working...
                          X