Alea iacta est.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alea iacta est.

please,is it really so hard to use the real quote instead of some translation???

Shade
    I have no clue what this means.
    20.00%
    ofcourse I know what it means,who doesn't??
    53.85%
    huuu???????
    26.15%
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Are you somehow implying that the original language was that of which person?
    får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

I mean,if you use famous quotes you DON'T TRANSLATE them.

Shade
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

OK, I'm sure what this means and in what language is it, but I'm not quite sure it is very relevant to Civ 3 and has to be here.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

huuu???????

I don't speak latin or italian or whatever that language is, when using such quotes please use both the english translation and the original then
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            OK, I'm sure what this means and in what language is it, but I'm not quite sure it is very relevant to Civ 3 and has to be here.
            It's todays trivia question...

Comment

Originally posted by shade
              I mean,if you use famous quotes you DON'T TRANSLATE them.
              Well ok... it's only 10 points...

Comment

I wouldn't say this is common knowledge. Maybe some of you know Latin or have studied history that thoroughly, but not all people have.

Comment

until someone explains me how this is civ3 related, the thread is moved to the OT...
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

No it isn't I just came ito it from civ3 forum??
                    Mybe you've lost your mystical powers too
                    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Markos, if I start speaking a mix of Latvian and Greek, what would you say. Let's rename the staff room to domatios tabalidon, for instance .

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                        until someone explains me how this is civ3 related, the thread is moved to the OT...
                        'Alea iacta est' is Latin for 'The die is cast' which has to do with today's Trivia Question. That is Civ3-related.
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

So, Markos, you uneducated person, put it back .

Comment

ok,for those who don't know what or where:It's latin and can be translated to 'the die is cast'.
                            Since I thought this was one of those quotes every-one knew,so the translating is rediculous.(but I seem to be wrong)

MarkG:why I've put it up here?Because this is the place where all rant about their frustrations about civ3 and the official site.
                            (I don't think there are any in the OT forum)

Well ok... it's only 10 points...
                            I don't care about that,I just find it frustrating that they don't use the Latin(maybe with translation next to it),like I said,I thought it was basic knowledge(for anyone who has ever had some history or latin),but seems not to be so.

Shade

Comment

who cares about latin
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X