PC PowerPlay - Exclusive preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC PowerPlay - Exclusive preview

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but I've haven't the patience to wade through umpteen threads.

I've just bought the latest (October) issue of PC PowerPlay which is an Australian magazine so many of you may not have seen it. The cover story is an exclusive preview of CIV III.

Their web-site is www.pcpowerplay.com.au.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Good find! This will probably be a news item.
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

i have not seen anything on this yet.
      very nice

maybe you could post some of the info from the mag?
      pleeeeeease

Comment

What about what is new in it?
        "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
        "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Anything notewhorthy perchance?
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
            Anything notewhorthy perchance?
            That is what I want to find out!!!

SOME NEW INFO!!!
            "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
            "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

This mag must be a treasure house of knowledge...tell all! tell all!
              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Don't forget to scan it for us if you can!

Must.....have.....new.....info.....or.....will.... .die!
                Help.....poor.....dying.....info.....deprived..... Jelly.....Donut!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
                  Don't forget to scan it for us if you can!
                  yes, yes, scanning is GOOD!
                  i will giveyou all the remaining cookies that dont fit into my civ III cookie box in exchange for some scans and stuff

Comment

NO one will share in the glory of my CivIII tin!! NEVER!!

Meaning: no Anuni-cookie for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                      NO one will share in the glory of my CivIII tin!! NEVER!!

Meaning: no Anuni-cookie for you!
                      what? not even for a scanned screenshot?
                      man, i heard the anuni-cookies are teh best, too!
                      hey, Russell, maybe if you give us ALOT of info Anunikoba might break down and share his awsome cookies with you!
                      Last edited by Nemo; October 6, 2001, 03:38.

Comment

The only cookies I will be sharing are the ones that come out of my 'Temporary Internet Files' folder.

But seriously, we all would appreciate those scans! I was almost thinking about looking for that magazine, but I know that the odds of finding it here in the States is close to NULL.

Comment

We shall send our Ozzie brute squad - including such vicious characters as Alexander's Horse, tonic, finbar, Youngsun, and MidKnight Lament - to muscle out Russell if he fails to comply with our demands.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

do they say that they actually played the game or is it one of the other kinf of previews(the ones where you are describing what you have been told on how the game works)?
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              do they say that they actually played the game or is it one of the other kinf of previews(the ones where you are describing what you have been told on how the game works)?
                              To quote from the article:

PCPowerPlay has been fortunate enough to play an entirely exclusive pre-release version of Civilization III - the only copy in Australia. While only 70% complete, this playtest proved that the spirit of Civ is recreated in all its glory.

I'm currently in the process of compiling some bits of the article which I'll then post.
                              Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; October 6, 2001, 21:52.
                              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
                              X