CivIII MegaMix SOLVED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivIII MegaMix SOLVED!

After repeatedly listening to megamix a few hundred times I decided to see what I could make out. I have my first version of the sounds, in chronological order, here:

Drumroll
    Cannon
    Metalic Sound
    Groan
    Groan
    Distinct Swiping Noise
    Metalic Sound
    Dreadnaught+ Gunshot
    Cannon
    Creaking Wood
    Sword Swipe
    Groan
    Groan
    Groan
    Sonar Ping
    Rocket
    Blast
    Rattle
    Drill
    Rattle
    Helicopter
    Sonar Ping (fainter)
    Drumroll
    Metalic Sound
    Groan
    Thump
    "Ah HA!"
    Opera
    Horse
    "Umph!"
    Rattle
    Tumbling
    Rocket/Lightning
    Electric Zap
    "Ha ha ha ha ha..."
    Cannon
    Sneeze
    Cough
    Metalic Sound
    Human Grunt
    Horse
    "Ugg!"
    "Ahhhh!"
    Horse
    Diving Prop Plane

Fellow sad obsessive ones! Double check me!

(I left out swiping sounds if it was at the same time as a groan)
    Last edited by Christantine The Great; October 6, 2001, 01:34.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

You must get BORED!

I feel sorry for ya. That song's gotta be ingrained in your head like walking in on your parents.
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

It's 8:53 PM on Friday night. What else would I possibly do??? ;-)
      "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
      "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)

Comment

I haven't downloaded the kit yet - is the megamix actual music or just a whole heap of sound fx?>
        If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

38 seconds of sound effects. Still, it's nice.

Comment

like walking in on your parents? lol good one
            "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Christantine The Great
              It's 8:53 PM on Friday night. What else would I possibly do??? ;-)

All too true.

Nice list, now how long did it take you?

Comment

I used some of the more prominant sounds to "anchor" myself at certain points in the track. Overall I would say it took 7 minutes. Minutes I'll never see again.

Comment

This is not a flame but this has to be the saddest thing I've ever seen posted.

'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

*Bows*

Comment

Alright, I've listened to it now.

One thing - that lightning/rocket sound in the middle - did this sound to anyone else like the Tesla coil out of Red Alert?
                      If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris
                        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Creaking Wood
                          Sword Swipe
                          Groan
                          Groan
                          Groan
                          Radar Ping
                          I can only hear 2 groans in that segment. Here is what I hear:
                          Creaking Wood
                          Sword Swipe
                          Groan "hah!"
                          Groan "oof"
                          Sonar Ping (rather than Radar)

My soundcard is shat though, so it may not be picking up minor details.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
                            Alright, I've listened to it now.

One thing - that lightning/rocket sound in the middle - did this sound to anyone else like the Tesla coil out of Red Alert?
                            yep
                            i had just played it too when it finished downloading
                            it wasn't a mission with coils in it but hey.
                            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

I can only hear 2 groans in that segment. Here is what I hear:
                              Creaking Wood
                              Sword Swipe
                              Groan "hah!"
                              Groan "oof"
                              Sonar Ping (rather than Radar)

My soundcard is shat though, so it may not be picking up minor details.
                              Dan, see what a lack of new info does to these people?! Help us, help us please!
                              "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                              "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Working...
                              X