Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed by Dan: Neat Little Feature

Check out this thread:

New screenshot of the week is available at http://www.civ3.com I want this game NOW!!! :cool: :cool:
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

The Quote by dan:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Psy
    Just noticed that a small number appears just to the right of the city name. E.g. 4 are displayed next to "Oil Springs" and 2 are displayed just right to "Grand River". Anybody have an idea of what they mean?

Maybe they are showing how many turns till the city will grow again?! That would be a nice feature

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are correct. The first number is how many turns until the city grows, while the bottom number is how many turns until the city finishes whatever it's currently producing.

Also, though the screen of the week doesn't indicate it, the large city size number to the left is color-coded, so you can easily see if the city is growing, stagnant, or starving.

Dan
    Firaxis Games, Inc.

Thats a nice feature.

Comment

The fact that Firaxis have put in details like that sure is an encouraging sign
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

It will sure keep you on top of things without too many clicks Good
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Yeah, that is what I expected it was, no real surprises there, but agreed, it is a nice and handy touch to the game.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Case
            The fact that Firaxis have put in details like that sure is an encouraging sign
            I agree!

nice ease of use...that eliminates many clicks to find that info!
            i wonder if the city building will be collored (like the +/- growth of teh population) if it was already built, too?

Comment

What's this? Dan posts on sites other than Apolyton??? How dare he!
              If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

It makes it much easier to manage your empire. Also Dan's post supports the theory that he 'downgrades' the images so we can't get much from them!
                'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by SITS
                  It makes it much easier to manage your empire. Also Dan's post supports the theory that he 'downgrades' the images so we can't get much from them!
                  i think what he meant is that the cities in the view were neither increasing or decreasing in size. imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron
                    Very nice indeed.

Comment

It seems to me they're hiding nothing from us. For example, in one screenshot ( http://www.civ3.com/images/screenshots/mapscreen2.jpg ), you can clearly see some of the size numbers are white and others are yellow. So I think Nemo is right that they are all increasing or all decreasing or all staying the same.
                      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Comment

Sorry, it was meant as light-hearted remark. Although I do find it hard sometimes to make the details of the shots.
                        'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Yeah, they compress the screenshots into an 800x600 image and put it into JPEG format, which takes out a lot of the details.

BTW, I sincerely doubt the screenshots indicate the game can be played on an 800x600 resolution because the normal Windows cursor is very tiny is those screenshots!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
                            It seems to me they're hiding nothing from us. For example, in one screenshot ( http://www.civ3.com/images/screenshots/mapscreen2.jpg ), you can clearly see some of the size numbers are white and others are yellow. So I think Nemo is right that they are all increasing or all decreasing or all staying the same.
                            Actually, the cities in this weeks screenshot are all increasing or they wouldn't have a number indicating how many turns until they grow. So white = growth.

In the screenshot Jelly references above, Zimbabwe, Kish and Nineveh are all yellow, and the turns-to-growth is "--" - the cities are stagnant. Thus yellow = stagnant.

Haven't seen it, but I would guess some shade of red = decline.

Thanks for pointing out that screenshot Jelly!
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                              Actually, the cities in this weeks screenshot are all increasing or they wouldn't have a number indicating how many turns until they grow.
                              Yes, I'll do the research and point out the details, but common sense is beyond me Thx for pointing this out.

Comment

Working...
                              X