No announcement yet.

Collaborative Scenario-Making Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry i haven't attended to this thread this week as much as I did over the weekend, but I have a midterm this week

Anyhow, I don't know how much we can really do before the game comes out, but I'm going to work a bit this weekend on setting up some formal rules and such, and I'm going to email all of you who said you'd like to participate. If anyone has any ideas regarding the group, please email them to me at hoekzema@gwu.edu and put something like "scenario group" in the subject, because I check my email far more often than I check the forums.

I'll change the list to show the change in terms of sounds
    "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

I hope you guys don't fall apart, you'll have to set something up so that you guys stay together and work together.
      be free

Comment

I can work on non-media aspects. That is, I can do stuff aside from the graphics and sound. I suppose I can do historical research and documentation best.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

it appears Harlan has taken the initiative to actually set up a website! yea!

sorry I haven't posted in a while, but it's midterm time, and y'all know how that is

anyway, I am still very interested in this, but since we don't really have Civ 3 yet, I don't know how much we can actually do.

Harlan: do you want any help on the site or anything?

Comment

Hoek,
            That website was in the on-deck circle to get onto Apolyton for a long time. How's your quest for a site going?

I don't need any help with the site - its nothing but maps in its purpose. There are some scenarios though I've expressed interest in getting help on earlier in this thread, even though the game isn't ready yet. No one has taken me up on that idea, though . The way I look at it, there's tons of planning to do that you don't need the game for to do. Figuring out the cities, boundaries, trade goods, geography, roads and so on. I could still use some help with that.

Unfortunately for me, I soon have to leave to remote spots of Borneo to do actual work - gone till mid November. I'll still be able to check these forums and email, but that will probably only add insult to injury. Everyone will be raving about the game while I'm getting attacked by leeches in the jungle .

It would be great if someone wanted to help out, and had already made a map for the first scenario by the time I got back!

Comment

Oh, well Mark G has basically indicated interest, but we do need to wait for the game to get up and running. I am going to start fooling around with webpage design...haven't done it in a few years, you know

which editor do you use?

Comment

Might as well get it out of the way now, so that when the game is out you'll have time to play the game. Getting a bulletin board working needs no waiting at all.

I use Dreamweaver 4. You can go pretty far with very little knowledge on that one.

Comment

Put me down for playtesting if you've not got too many people doing that already.

It's like music - I have zero ability but I can always tell someone when they're doing it wrong. I was born to annoy.
                  A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                  X