No announcement yet.

A day in the life of Dan Magaha (humor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day in the life of Dan Magaha (humor)

8:00am Shows up in office. Looks at clock, thinks "Yikes, I'm early" and goes off to find some coffee and a bagel.

8:45am Having found coffee and a bagel (while stopping at several co-workers' desks for a chat), returns to his desk. Thinks "Oh, better do something with that website." Goes through horde of Civ3 screenshots trying to find one that reveals next-to-nothing about the game.

8:55am Having passed over several shots of German panzers locked in mortal combat with Aztec mechanized infantry near several cities building as yet unrevealed wonders, finds a dull shot of an Iroquois game with some workers wandering around. Reduces the shot from gorgeous 1024x768 resolution down to a less legible 800x600. Smirks as he loads this on the web server. "Ha! Those Apolytoners won't get much out of that one," he thinks.

9:00am Begins arduous process of updating his MS Outlook so that any email received from a sender who is a member of the Apolyton forums will be ignored.

9:20am Killfile in place, he begins picking out emails for "Ask the Civ Team". Decides to answer the following:

"Is it true that Sid Meiers is working on Civ3?"

Dan: Yes

"Are my favorite meaningless graphics that didn't affect gameplay in Civ2 going to be included in Civ3?"

Dan: Yes.

"Can I have an advance copy of Civ3? My dad works for a newspaper."

Dan: No.

10:45am Loads the insightful "Ask the Civ Team" piece onto the web server. Decides on an early lunch.

1:30pm Returns from lunch. Thinks "Damn - I still have to do that Civ of the Week thing." Decides to load up the Zulus, because they are the most boring one left (considering everyone already knows their special unit).

3:30pm After much loading of files, sticks Zulus on the website and chuckles at picture of Shaka in a business suit.

3:35pm Logs onto Apolyton and answers the first post that gets in his way:

User Name: Newbie66
    Post: "It would be wicked cool if there was a 3D shooter built into Civ3. They could even call the game Civ3D! That would totally rock, d00dz!"

User Name: Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
    Post: "We are working on that for delivery just prior to multiplayer."

4:00pm Logs off computer, thinking "It's Friday. Think I'll sneak out early." Leaves office.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

I don't drink coffee, nor do I particularly like bagels.

It's a Coke and a Pop-Tart, for future reference.

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Dan

Well no matter what you have to give Dan a ton of credit for his humor.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

well, here is something Dan missed from doing it today

10:05am Post link to Sid interview on Apolyton on firaxis.com

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Now THAT was funny!

Poor Dan... I hope he wasn't insulted.
            Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
            "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Yep, hope he wasn't insulted. Or he'll put a mugshot of Markos at the site !
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'm hoping the fact he replied was an indication that he took it all in good fun. I really meant no offense - and I'm sure his day is a little bit busier than I have portrayed.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Ya... maybe just a LITTLE bit busier.
                  Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                  "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

Very funny, Stuie. I'm glad Dan has a good sense of humor.

Comment

Re: A day in the life of Dan Magaha (humor)

"Ha! Those Apolytoners won't get much out of that one," he thinks.
                      Most clearly you did not notice that apolytoners see all and can draw out small details from little portion of information...

9:00am Begins arduous process of updating his MS Outlook so that any email received from a sender who is a member of the Apolyton forums will be ignored.
                      now this isn't funny and it isn't truth If somebody will give questions with substance and Dan has permission on answer, exhibition of part of game then he does this...

9:20am Killfile in place, he begins picking out emails for "Ask the Civ Team". Decides to answer the following:
                      [...]
                      ???

1:30pm Returns from lunch. Thinks "Damn - I still have to do that Civ of the Week thing." Decides to load up the Zulus, because they are the most boring one left (considering everyone already knows their special unit).
                      yes... that exciting zulu...

3:30pm After much loading of files, sticks Zulus on the website and chuckles at picture of Shaka in a business suit.
                      why not?

3:35pm Logs onto Apolyton and answers the first post that gets in his way:
                      [....][/quote]

That what?

no no no no noooo he leaves office hmmm lets say 01:00 AM

And you did not describe his of other vicissitudes... somebody then will be able to make better?
                      Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                      f**k the f****n f*****s!
                      I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                      let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Dan
                        That...was awesome
                        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Dan
                          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Working...
                          X