New Screenshot of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Screenshot of the week

It's not very exciting - I was happier when we got several at a time... But here it is:

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Yeah.
    Somebody (maybe it was you) mentioned in one of the wonder-threads that there are perhaps two wonders being built in those cities: battlefield medicine and theory of evolution.

Edit: yes, it was you.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
      Yeah.
      Somebody (maybe it was you) mentioned in one of the wonder-threads that there are perhaps two wonders being built in those cities: battlefield medicine and theory of evolution.
      Guilty as charge! That was me.

You know, since the game is going to require 1024x768 screen resolution, I really really wish they'd be kind and generous enough to show us some 1024x768 screenshots. These 800x600 shots are hard on the eyes when trying to pick out every last detail.

Comment

D*mnit!! WTF has the 'Theory of Evolution' ever done for advancing the human race? What great piece of technology has been developed by this knowledge? What disease has been cured by its application?

The only thing it has EVER produced is debate. It has no practical use WHATSOEVER.

Comment

The only reason why I mention this here is because it is in the screenshot.

I really don't know what it is (a wonder?), so I can't REALLY comment too much about its inclusion in the game. But it seems silly to have Temples and The Theory of Evolution all in the same city.

But then again, this is realistic, no?

Comment

Am I seeing visions or have they darkened the pink/purple color or is this a completely different color??

Comment

D*mnit!! WTF has the 'Theory of Evolution' ever done for advancing the human race?
              Theory of evolution has generated a lot of work for scientists, anthropologists, archeologists, ********logists and fundamentalists. It has also given a reasonable explanation for the variety of different species.
              If in the game there are wonders related to the religion, there definitely must be wonders related to somewhat the opposite.

Oh yes, a counter question: WTF has religion ever done for advancing the human race?

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                D*mnit!! WTF has the 'Theory of Evolution' ever done for advancing the human race?

Uh, what did the Colossus do? It was a big statue; it fell down in an earthquake relatively soon after its completion. At least the Theory of Evolution advanced human knowledge.

That said, I think all of the wonders are supposed to be symbolic of human achievements; they do not necessarily represent artifacts that have some practical purpose. The pyramids in Egypt did not really supply grain, but they are representative of a human accomplishment that was performed by a society that also happened to be the breadbasket of the ancient european world.

Comment

Originally posted by Wexu
                  Am I seeing visions or have they darkened the pink/purple color or is this a completely different color??
                  Nope, you're wrong there's BOTH pink (yuck!) and dark purple. (yummy!)

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo

Theory of evolution has generated a lot of work for scientists, anthropologists, archeologists, ********logists and fundamentalists.
                    What's behind the *s?

Oh yeah - I haven't been following this forum and breaking news until recently, so excuse me if this has been said before, but I like the roads and railway lines! They go in nice sweeping curves and the railway junctions are at sensible, train-friendly angles.

And since the pink is in general the French, and this civ is the Iroquois, I think we can say that the pink is probably still in.
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

By looking at the lower lefthand corner of the screenshot there is the map of the world. Now; look at the number of those purple cities!!! That "might" be an indicator of some crummy bureaucracy model!
                      In SMAC an empire of that size was almost uncontrollable (with low efficiecy setting). But on the other hand, the screenshot doesn't show what is in the cities...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                        What's behind the *s?
                        It's my password for my workstation

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                          D*mnit!! WTF has the 'Theory of Evolution' ever done for advancing the human race? What great piece of technology has been developed by this knowledge? What disease has been cured by its application?

The only thing it has EVER produced is debate. It has no practical use WHATSOEVER.

It's not so gruesome as all that. It encouraged people to look beyond a fairly limited, static view of creation A lot of people don't like it because it seems to denigrate human dignity, but that's thinking. Human beings exist in relationship, and human value come from relationships with other humans or God. So let God out of your !

Dang I like these new smilies.
                          John 6:68

Comment

Not to interrupt your debate, but I must say that I am still disappointed that the roads and railroads are just painted on top of forests. How hard would it be to add some imaging to have the roads look like they cut into the forests? They change the mountain roads, now forest roads need to be fixed.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

The viewpoint thus gained allowed MC Hawking to rise to fame with his hit single "F*ck the Creationists". See my sig for details.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X