No announcement yet.

Carefully Optimistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to play it first before judging, but I'm very optimistic!

Sid's TBS games have allways been worth there money up to now, so why would he let his newest version of "Sid Meyers Civilization Series" be any different?
    Especially since this is not Railroad Tycoon ( no offence intended) but the follow-up of the legendary CivII!

I for one can't wait to get my US ordered LE ASAP!
    Live long and prosper !

Comment

I may be being unrealistic..

......but I say stand and be counted
      tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

I remember when Civ2 came out, I saw the advisors and heralds and thought "What a load of crap." Then I noticed something: they had no impact on gameplay!. Imagine that.

So who cares what Hammurabi looks like - it has no impact on gameplay.
        Sure it does - it interferes with my emersion in the game.
        Anyway, I didn't say the goofy leader pics made me doubt the gameplay (about which I am cautiously optimistic), rather it destroyed any belief I might have had in Sid's good taste.

Comment

I like the leaders.

Yep, i like them. There are a lotta of people who probably will not like this or that thingie, but that´s what they are, thingies.
          Civ has fulled a lot of my expectations:
          Borders
          Lot of CIVs to play simultaneusly.
          Really improved diplomacy.

Has over fulled my expectations:
          Culture!
          16 CIVS at the same time!!
          Better graphics.
          Smooth interface.

And in some ways, hasnt satisfied
          That awful roads (i hope, the captions were taken with a lotta of zoom).
          No expanded tech tree.

And in other stuff, i dont know, as:
          Will be able to offer other civ to break a pact in exchange of other stuff (tm)?

But well, what the heck!. This year, is my last year at highschool.
          Next year, start the University and get a job. I dont want let the days just pass quickly, but for this game... i will. Coz it deserves it.
          Coz CIV is one of the few games that i will buy original. And when my friend say to me "did u spent 60 bucks in THAT, when u could get it for 5 bucks?" i will respond "Yeah. Coz its not only a game.
          Its C-I-V-I-L-I-Z-A-T-I-O-N"
          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Where are all the evil minded soothsayers I expected?

Comment

Working...
            X