Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will AI recognise pacts and give their proper importance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will AI recognise pacts and give their proper importance?

With this, i mean: The German have signed a mutual protection pact with the Romans and the
    Japanese. Before these agreements, the British planned to attack the Germans. Will be
    British be aware of the network of mutual protection pacts that Germany has made and,
    consequently, think twice about attacking the German people?
    Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

we can only hope.

having a "thought" process might actually make for artificial "intellegiance".
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yes that would definetely be cool if it did. It looks as if the AI is going to be a lot better given the new Governors and the Soren Johnson game.

One can but hope
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well no matter what a Firaxis guy says about giving proper importance to pacts, military threats, resources, etc... We won't know till we get our own hands on the game. After spending 2 years programming and debugging, no matter how hard they try its tough to be entirely objective and not be proud of having "the best AI ever" type lines. So we'll just have to wait until Oct. 30

Comment

You are right, SerapisIV, the real test will come once the game is released. But hopefully Soren has thought of this issue, and added this factor to the AIs 'should_i_attack' function
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

well, one thing we ALL asked for was better AI.
            they have done great so far listening and giveing what we wanted...i think AI was at the top of their list...so lets hope it'll work out to be as smart as this.

Comment

I wonder if you would need sophisticated AI to analyze this? What I mean is: when you have signed a mutual protection pact with another civ(s) the both of your civs could be considered one large civ (ie. You have 15 cities and your ally has 15 cities). So the AI that wants you dead would "see" that by attacking you it would actually be taking on a civ that is 30 cities in size as opposed to 15. This seems to me to be one potential solution to the problem.
              "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
              "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Working...
              X