Why is 'TIME' so cruel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is 'TIME' so cruel?

I guess we will just have to pine away while waiting for CivIII to hit store shelves.

WHY? WHY MUST THESE THINGS BE??!!

Where is H.G. Wells when you need him?

[Oh, btw, this post was instigated by my having seen even MORE spectacular screenshots from the upcoming CivIII]

Hey, you're not the only one who feels that way. But at least you'll be able to get civ 3 a month or so before many people outside the US can.

Comment

Hey, it's less than a month away. I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy. In their paper ad it said the game would be available Nov. 1
      Ex Fide Vive
      Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

Time is not cruel if you can find distractions or else read the more cautious views here about what the release is really going to be like instead of being seduced by the advertising hype.

Comment

This is the best time of any game - looking forward to it.

But due to being burnt one too many times, I will never give myself over to being over excited. I am interested, but far from holding my breath. I will probably wait for the first inevitable patch before I make my purchase.

Bkeela.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Is time cruel? It's not even an object.

tonic,

What's your avatar? It looks like one of those Chinese chop things.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

hey dont worry you're from USA

think about me in non-usa not even europe only Poland huh?
              Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
              f**k the f****n f*****s!
              I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
              let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Mankind
                hey dont worry you're from USA

think about me in non-usa not even europe only Poland huh?
                Hey, since when Poland is no Europe? Check your geography manual again

Besides, the press advertisements say it will be 3rd December...so not that long (just two months)
                The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                - Frank Herbert

Comment

since when? since everything was releesed MONTHS after usa and months ...maybe days after UK or UE ... and its always more expencive than in other countries [sorry for spelling errors i must go to school QUICK]

bye
                  Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                  f**k the f****n f*****s!
                  I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                  let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                    To live, is to suffer -Buddha

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      Is time cruel? It's not even an object.
                      It is in Java
                      Erm, its an object, that is... not sure if its cruel or not

Nice answer, Zoetstofzoetje
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Really, we shouldn't be over-excited. It's healthy to anticipate things but don't be calling the cryogenic agency.
                        "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                        "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                          I will probably wait for the first inevitable patch before I make my purchase.
                          What if it's perfect, and no patch needed?

Oh, and btw, I thought this thread was about a negative pre/review in TIME magazine.
                          To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Re: Why is 'TIME' so cruel?

Originally posted by Anunikoba
                            I guess we will just have to pine away while waiting for CivIII to hit store shelves.

Where is H.G. Wells when you need him?

[Oh, btw, this post was instigated by my having seen even MORE spectacular screenshots from the upcoming CivIII]

Just drink heavily and the days will fly by
                            The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.

Comment

Hmmm ... I feel like my life these past couple of years has been about waiting for games.

Just two months ago I was all excited about Arcanum. Then it shipped ... I got ... I played it ... I finished it ... and now I'm looking forward to another game.

Well, more like lots of games ... here's my calendar for this year:

Oct 17 - Devil May Cry (PS2)
                              Oct 30 - Civilization 3 (PC)
                              Oct 30 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2)
                              Nov 13 - Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)
                              Nov 15 - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2)
                              Dec 11 - Jak & Daxter

It's a good time to be a gamer!!

Jesse.
                              Ole wir fahren in den Puff nach Barcelona ... Ole Ole! Ole Ole!
                              Lesbisch, lesbisch un ein bisschen schwull
                              wir bumsen hier, wir bumsen da, wir bumsen hier, wir bumsen da
                              tausend nackte weiber auf dem männerpissoir

Comment

Working...
                              X