No announcement yet.

What the Hell (excuse the language)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL I am surprised no-one has yet mentioned this...

In Civ2 which runs windowed, you can simply glance at the clock on your taskbar to remind yourself how long ago you were supposed to stop playing... if it runs full-screen you will have to LOOK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN to check the time - and that will surely never happen I predict even more sleepless nights with Civ3 than with Civ2...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryLard
      if it runs full-screen you will have to LOOK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN to check the time
      Here is the solution that works right through both full-screens and music/sound playing load:

Comment

In Civ2 which runs windowed, you can simply glance at the clock on your taskbar to remind yourself how long ago you were supposed to stop playing... if it runs full-screen you will have to LOOK AWAY FROM THE SCREEN to check the time - and that will surely never happen I predict even more sleepless nights with Civ3 than with Civ2...
        Seriously...

this is a very good point!
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

....give in ....don't fight it.... ignore the time ...don't worry about how long you've been sitting there, your glazed expression, or sticky keyboard wet with drool....

who needs life or sleep when you've got CIVIII ....
          tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Windowed mode is dead, get used to it.
            aye! windows mode is definately dead! live with it!

Comment

use alt+enter.

it makes a fullscreen a window.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo

windowed games = no directX
                no directX = crappy graphics
                if the game was windows w/ crappy graphics, then everyone would complain about crappy graphics.
                talk about a no win situation!
                WRONG!!! Direct X apps can be run in windowed mode. You have obviously never programmed in Direct X SDK. Plus, Open_GL can use a windowed mode. I know Civ III isn't a Quake clone, but I just wanted to point out that anything run in Windows can potentially be run in windowed mode.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassin
                  but I just wanted to point out that anything run in Windows can potentially be run in windowed mode.
                  yes, but it will have either: a) crappy graphics in comparision; b) need a crap load of extra RAM.

either way, people will still ***** about something...i gues that was more my point.

Comment

I can't even get myself to look at the clock on the taskbar. I know it's getting late when my wife goes to bed. Then I think, "Well, she's sleeping so I might as well play some more."
                    Formerly known as Masuro.
                    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatolia

I can't even get myself to look at the clock on the taskbar. I know it's getting late when my wife goes to bed. Then I think, "Well, she's sleeping so I might as well play some more."
                      sometimes mine falls asleep on the sofa - so I plug the earphones in and wonder how much sleep I'll need to cope with tomorrow....Eventually when I take her to bed - if she asks I'll definately lie about the actual time.... ...it is just not worth the aggrevation in the morning
                      tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

My wife has come to terms with my PC love affair.

It is just meant to be...

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                          use alt+enter.

it makes a fullscreen a window.
                          HELLO listen to him!
                          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

to bad its not in windowed mode, i really liked being able to play civ 2 at 1600x1200 resolution and really being able to see the world.
                            I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Working...
                            X