Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can destroyed minor wonders get rebuilt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can destroyed minor wonders get rebuilt?

Once again: Can destroyed minor wonders get rebuilt?

For instance, Moscow has an Iron Works, a minor wonder. Moscow is captured by the Chinese. The Iron works is destroyed, because according to Civ3.com, minor wonders are automatically destroyed when a city is conquered. Moscow is then recaptured by me, the Russians. Can I build another Iron Works?
    I'm typing this from my bathtub. It helps support my girth.

I certianly hope so. It would reaaly suck if you couldn't.
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Of course!
      If you build a SDI minor Wonder, and enemy captures yours city,
      it would be unrealistic that you can't build another one.
      I think that is the MAJOR reason why minor wonders are destroyed
      after capture. So it won't happen that you accidetaly have two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by player1
        Of course!
        If you build a SDI minor Wonder, and enemy captures yours city,
        it would be unrealistic that you can't build another one.
        I think that is the MAJOR reason why minor wonders are destroyed
        after capture. So it won't happen that you accidetaly have two of them.
        I agree that they get destroyed so the conqueror won't have two of the same minor, but it doesn't necessarily follow that you'd be able to rebuild.

Maybe your civ is so overwhelmed by the sense of loss that they never try to duplicate it.
        I'm typing this from my bathtub. It helps support my girth.

Comment

I sure hope so!!!

I agree with the rest of you though!!!
          "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
          "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

I would think so, I mean, you can rebuild your palace (the original minor wonder), can't you?
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

hope so!

but remember you have to have $$$ to rebuild

or free shields
              Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
              f**k the f****n f*****s!
              I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
              let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

I agree as well, it would really suck if you couldn't rebuild minor wonders.

Here's another question, are minor wonders automatically demolished when a city containing it is captured? Or could a civ without the Ironworks capture an enemy city with it and reap its benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by Mankind
                  hope so!

but remember you have to have $$$ to rebuild
                  Remember that a Rush Build also requires a Great Leader, and that the Great Leader is then expended. You get a Great Leader: do you use him for the battlefield, or ...??! There's not going to be nearly as much rush building as we are used to!

Originally posted by SerapisIV
                  Here's another question, are minor wonders automatically demolished when a city containing it is captured? Or could a civ without the Ironworks capture an enemy city with it and reap its benefits?
                  Firaxis (Dan) has stated that all Small (aka Minor) Wonders in a city are destroyed when the city is taken. Source: Civ3.com (Developer Update, Wonders)

Comment

Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the 'Wonder' part if you could rebuild them? In civ2, wonders were built once and finished. I imagine both minor and major wonders will act the same way in civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                      Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the 'Wonder' part if you could rebuild them? In civ2, wonders were built once and finished. I imagine both minor and major wonders will act the same way in civ3.
                      First at all, Minor Wonders are just MINOR wodners.
                      They are not WONDERS.
                      They are only VERY IMPORTATNT BUILDINGS, like Palace.

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                        First at all, Minor Wonders are just MINOR wodners.
                        I am aware of this fact, but does that mean they are not wonders? If they aren't wonders, why call them wonders? You may be right, but the point is that we don't know. I am allowed to voice my opinion, just like the rest of you.

BTW: You spelled "wonders" wrong.

Comment

I certainly small hope wonders can be rebuilt. Especially with the rumor (or is it fact) that air strikes can destroy wonders.

The Pentagon is being rebuilt.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
                            Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the 'Wonder' part if more than one civ can build them? Same answer: NOPE.

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV

i dont think so because what if the civ didn't have the pre-reqs for it (not just techs... most minor wonders also require certain siv specs to build)
                              And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Working...
                              X