Probably Been Answered but Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably Been Answered but Urgent

I'm sure I've seen this in another threat at least once, but I can't seem to relocate it. My Question: Will the standard box of Civ3 include the game manual? Please answer anyone, ASAP. Cite your sources too. Thanks!

Yes it does
    Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

why asap? the game doesn't come out for (at least)
      another month?

btw : techtree fold-out also included?
      probably will, but you never know
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Manual Included, Techtree LE only (hey, its only $10 more, just buy the damn thing!)

Manual complet++++confirmed by firaxis (see Dan Magha News item)

Techtree info can be easily gained from the description of LE at gamespot (in addition to the manual and game, the LE includes.... techtree...
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

What? No Techtree fold out with the standard version? That sucks!
          If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Why do I get the feeling Firaxis is cutting out so much? MP? Tech tree? What's next? Maybe I'm just being pessimistic...
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
              What? No Techtree fold out with the standard version? That sucks!

sure does

i want it

if it's not, i doubt if i'll buy it
              stopped playing civ2 when i left it at my old appartment
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The tech tree is really the only 'extra' that I want to buy the LE for.

And the cookie tin.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
                  Why do I get the feeling Firaxis is cutting out so much? MP? Tech tree? What's next? Maybe I'm just being pessimistic...
                  Don't blame Firaxis. They were hired to deliver a fully documented complete game by a specific date. Infogrames set that date, told them what they considered a complete game, and is packaging it the way THEY want it. it appears that Infogrames does not consider MP a part of the complete game. But the do think we should pay extra for a Tech Tree foldout.
                  "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

But the do think we should pay extra for a Tech Tree foldout.
                    and some more, or what...?

Honestly, it's not the most important thing, is it?
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I agree with Swissy, I don't blame Firaxis, I'm even happy to give them my money to thank them for making this "probably" great game that will shorten my social life for months .

My main reason to order the LE is because the price difference is not that enourmous and I'd like to have the tech tree to hang beside my monitor. The rest are no reason for me to buy the LE.

I was going to order on-line anyway from the US to get it sooner so I might aswell spend 15$ extra to get the cookie box .
                      Live long and prosper !

Comment

so what about the tech tree. it looks really well implemented in game with advice and everything. i wonder if there will be the save for the civopedia...

what i'm concerned about is the manual, which is long and standard and not filled with sci fi scientific blurb SMAC had, hopefully.

but i hope the manual contains designers notes cos gettyberg smac and civ 2 had so civ 3 better have or...i'll get it off the internet at apolyton
                        Just my 2p.
                        Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                        Which shows you learn something every day.
                        formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X