No announcement yet.

goodies or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did this issue arise about (I don't actually need an answer)? I thought this was already settled before, I guess not.

To answer your question Uber go to Sabre's post then go to Dan's post.
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Re: Re: goodies or not?

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Yes.

Dan
      Thats Mr. Magaha Super fast Super quick Super answers
      [superman? ]
      not that super big response but hey we are talking about "quality not quantity"

lol

seriosly thanks for answers
      Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
      f**k the f****n f*****s!
      I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
      let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Dan has made to mush brogramming.
        #include <iostream.h>

void main()
        {
        if (GOODIEHUTS || ENCAMPMENTS)
        {
           cout <<"Yes\n\nDan";
        }
        }

Lets reform the question

#include <iostream.h>

void main()
        {
        if (GOODIEHUTS ^^ ENCAMPMENTS)
        {
           cout <<"Yes one of them\n";
        }
        if (GOODIEHUTS && ENCAMPMENTS)
        {
           cout <<"Yes both of them\n\nDan";
        }
        if (ENCAMPMENTS && !GOODIEHUTS)
        {
           cout <<"(Enchampments)\n\nDan";
        }
        if (!ENCAMPMENTS && GOODIEHUTS)
        {
           cout <<"(Goodiehuts)\n\nDan";
        }
        }

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

maybe it is like this

#include &#60stdio.h&#62

int main()
          {
          if (GOODIEHUTS || ENCAMPMENTS || AnyOtherQuestionSidSaydIcanAnswer)
          {
          system("make answer");
          }
          return MakingCiv3;
          }

Last edited by Mankind; October 4, 2001, 06:03.
          Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
          f**k the f****n f*****s!
          I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
          let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

This is slightly on-topic, will there be an option to turn off goody huts/barbie camps? I quite like the additional challenge of playing without the bonuses from huts... and I've got a friend which swears huts/ruins/pods are unbalanced in MP.

Comment

What was everyone so worried about? Ofcourse there were always going to be goody huts - civ wouldn't be civ without them!!
              If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                This is slightly on-topic, will there be an option to turn off goody huts/barbie camps? I quite like the additional challenge of playing without the bonuses from huts... and I've got a friend which swears huts/ruins/pods are unbalanced in MP.
                If you turn them off then you'll just have to turn off the Civ attributes, too. Expansionist civs would be robbed, so to speak.

They don't ruin gameplay, they add to it.
                "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

Originally posted by Christantine The Great
                  If you turn them off then you'll just have to turn off the Civ attributes, too.
                  Thats slightly odd logic. Because I played without pods (SMAC) I shouldn't like the unique factions .
                  Expansionist civs would be robbed, so to speak.
                  Boohoo. I would be worried if expansionist had to rely solely on hut-lotto for their unique strengths. I also enjoy games more with a builder emphasis - and I find builder games of SMAC more enjoyable without pods. Expansionists just annoy me, so if no huts slow down there game, I'm all for it. (In single player)

They don't ruin gameplay, they add to it.
                  Yes, I dont really think they ruin gameplay, but I know people which do think that. And pod/hut luck really can mess up multiplayer games, when one player gets several alien artifacts and 200 credits and the other 25 credits and several worms which ate his scouts.

That said I'll play with huts on anyway - most of the time.

Comment

I just had a thought... there are no more diplomat units, so there are also no more Barbarian Leader units. I'm betting that the rewards of wiping out a barbarian encampment are similar to those of ransoming a barbarian leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmudder
                      I just had a thought... there are no more diplomat units, so there are also no more Barbarian Leader units. I'm betting that the rewards of wiping out a barbarian encampment are similar to those of ransoming a barbarian leader.
                      oh yeah, i didnt even think of that. i hope we get some kind of spoils for demolishing an encampment.

Comment

Alpha Centauri allowed you to turn off the AC[x] equivalent of Goodie Huts...

well, almost. Actually what it did is it limited the Unity Pods (goodies) to only a few scattered around your initial start positions, as opposed to global scattering.

Comment

If I had a penny for all the times that first hut would sprout a barbarian horde to eat my defenceless city, why I'd be able to buy out Bill Gates. Thing is that sort of outcome forces cheating on the usually honest player, and once you've started...

I liked the SMAC compromise, but not having goodie huts at all would've been better.

David.
                          "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Re: Re: goodies or not?

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Yes.

Dan
                            Thanks Dan for replying!

Looks like Civ III is getting better all the time.
                            What's next to come up? Automated units?
                            UFOs? Possibility to negotiate with the barbarians?
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Somebody better fire him...

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                                Somebody better fire him...
                                You cold hearted murder!

What's wrong with Dan? There's many much worse webmasters
                                available, so I think we haven't got so many reasons to complain.
                                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                                X