Creating a world map now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a world map now

For all intents and purposes, there's no reason why someone can't sit down and piece together a world map right now. We've seen all the terrain types, right? We know the dimensions of the largest maps, right?

Well, someone can take some of that copious free time they use to troll these boards and copy and paste together a giant image of a world map. It might not be pretty, or have the right rivers or resources, but it'll have the shape and give us an idea of how many cities and which historical cities it would support.

I'm not gonna do it, but one of you obsessive compulsives should really give it a shot.

bb
    I'm typing this from my bathtub. It helps support my girth.

Well except we don't know anything of what file formats maps are going to be - we can only assume that it won't be in like a gif format because each tile is going to need to have information. So what is the point of this project? We won't be able to use the map. If it is only to find out how many cities we can fit on a map, that just doesn't seem like something that is going to be very important. So please if someone really has the time to do something like this wait for the game to be released and make so maps that we will actually be able to use and have some fun with.
    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Of course we can't use it as the map, but we can use it as an easy template to recreate when doing the map itself. Like I said, a waste of time, but that's what this board is all about.

Comment

someone has allready made a world map for the 256X256, although i forget who it was
        Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

i think soulassasin
          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Can someone provide a link or something?

Comment

Working...
            X