Nooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooo!

My CD-ROM drive is broken...I have to send my computer to the manufacturer to get it fixed. And if I don't, I can't play Civ III! Why me?

"Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Re: Nooo!

Originally posted by JellyDonut
    My CD-ROM drive is broken...I have to send my computer to the manufacturer to get it fixed. And if I don't, I can't play Civ III! Why me?

Random....

Same problem last month!!!
    "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Aren't you going to get a new CD-Rom drive if the old one cannot be fixed?
      Rome rules

Comment

I have a worse problem myself. My notebook monitor can only display a resolution of 800x600.
        Rome rules

Comment

Originally posted by Roman
          Aren't you going to get a new CD-Rom drive if the old one cannot be fixed?
          I suppose I would have to if they couldn't fix it or if it weren't covered by the warranty. But I'm strapped for cash (only have enough saved up to buy Civ3) and if I can get it fixed for free (warranty), I'd gladly do it. But that means no computer for a while, so no Civ2, no Apolyton, no life.

I REALLY hope they can get it fixed in a month so I can play Civ3 right after it comes out.
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Comment

I have a worse problem myself. My notebook monitor can only display a resolution of 800x600.
            Hey Roman glad you are back!!!

I have a dell notebook,and it displayes 1024x728 just fine!!!

It even has a 3D card!!!

I had to reinstall the the whole operating system to get my cd rom drivers to work again!!!
            "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Originally posted by java4me
              I had to reinstall the the whole operating system to get my cd rom drivers to work again!!!
              Consider yourself lucky. My problem is physical, not of software origin. I put in a CD that I didn't know was cracked and a piece was just hanging off it, hitting the various components inside, and now it won't read any CDs.

At least I have Civ2 fully installed so I can play it before I have to ship off my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by java4me
                Hey Roman glad you are back!!!
                Thanks!

I have a dell notebook,and it displayes 1024x728 just fine!!!

It even has a 3D card!!!
                Lucky you. I still hope the game will run on 800x600 screens. Luckily the screenshots seem to have this resolution, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Yeah, tell me about CD-Rom problems. Once, my CD-Rom drive wasn't working, but I only had the drivers/operating system on a CD, so I couldn't reinstall it.
                Rome rules

Comment

Hey, java4me, we prevailed over the more civs issue! We will be able to have 16 civs in one game.

BTW: I didn't have access to the internet over the summer.
                  Rome rules

Comment

Hey, java4me, we prevailed over the more civs issue! We will be able to have 16 civs in one game.

BTW: I didn't have access to the internet over the summer.
                    WOOT!!!!!!

I know, can't wait to have all 16 civs playing at once!!!

Comment

Same here...

I am glad Firaxis does let itself be influenced by good and widely supported ideas.
                      Rome rules

Comment

I don't know about all of you guys but I would buy a whole new computer just to play Civ 3. If I had to rob a bank I would!

Thankfully I got a new computer for Xmas.

And I'm getting Civ 3 for my birthday. I'm lucky.

Wait, wait, I would give an arm for Civ 3!

And arm and a leg!

Everything but by brain (to make decisions), eyes (to see my decisions), and one hand to move the mouse (to do what my braind decides)
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

buy a cheep pc monitor (ive seen them for as little as $15 at university stores) secondhand and hook it up... should be no problem
                          And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Lorizael, from the Civ 3 preview video, the sound is also very good, so youll be wanting to keep your ears
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Lorizael, from the Civ 3 preview video, the sound is also very good, so youll be wanting to keep your ears
                              Yes, thank you, my ears too.

"Your ears you keep!"

"To the pain!"
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X