Question about Colonies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Colonies?

If after I've made a worker and I send him out to make a colony on a far away tile, I then decide I want a city on that tile, can I 'mobilize' the worker(remove the colony) so that I can build a new city there?

Would I have to just put a settler on top and build over it? Would I get the worker back or would it be added (population point) to the newly built city? Or is it only possible to 'disband' the colony, recieving 50% of the costs of building the worker?

You'll have to use a settler to build over the colony and lose the worker and the colony completely.
    Last edited by Sabre2th; October 2, 2001, 17:28.

Comment

It could also be possible that you would recieve nothing at all - just lose one population point.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

i dont know the answer, but workers cant build cities...

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th
          You'll lose the worker and the colony completely.
          Can you please point me in the direction in which you found this information?

Comment

I don't recall where I learned that off the top of my head, but others can confirm it.

Comment

I seem to remember reading that once your city influence (borders) reach the colony site, it is absorbed by the city and is no longer necessary.

I assume that the 1 population point from the worker joins the city whose influence has reached the colony site, but I don't know that for certain.
              Tod.MB

Comment

I too remember reading somewhere that if a colony is founded, you can't ever get the worker back. I assume if there is a feature that it will be similar to Civ 2's "Disband City" option, i.e. it just disappears without recompensation.
                "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I don't suspect you'll ever really want to put a city exactly on a colony. I'm not sure exactly how trade and the city square works, but it strikes me that you would want to work any resource tile to get its full benefit, especially if, as in SMAC, the city tile has a fixed income regardless of terrain.
                  The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                  Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                  All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                  "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by ToD.MB
                    I assume that the 1 population point from the worker joins the city whose influence has reached the colony site, but I don't know that for certain.
                    I remember reading that the poopulation point is lost. I still don't remember where.

Comment

Originally posted by ToD.MB
                      I seem to remember reading that once your city influence (borders) reach the colony site, it is absorbed by the city and is no longer necessary.

Your first paragraph is info I already know(not my question)

Your second paragraph is false, you DO lose the colony.

My question doesn't concern my borders as they grow with culture; I'm asking that if far outside my borders I have a colony located on a resource and later, after more resources are revealed due to advances in technology, I then want to locate a city to take advantage of all of the resources around that tile, can I build a city on top of that colony? If, yes, what exactly will happen to the colony?

Comment

Originally posted by bigfree1
                        Your second paragraph is false, you DO lose the colony.
                        Yep, this is correct.
                        Rome rules

Comment

Working...
                        X