Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis: Describe the manual that is included with Civ 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis: Describe the manual that is included with Civ 3?

Can you please give us a few details about the manual that will ship with the game?

It has a cover, a section on installing the game, credits, a contents page, a troubleshooting section, pictures, and some gameplay tips. Oh and it will be made with paper and ink.

Man, am I a smartass or what?
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by MacTBone
      It has a cover, a section on installing the game, credits, a contents page, a troubleshooting section, pictures, and some gameplay tips. Oh and it will be made with paper and ink.
      You mean it doesn't explain game concepts or how to use the interface? Man, what a bad manual.

Comment

not smart, just ass
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Yes. You're so smart, even your ass is smart!

P.S.
          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut
            Yes. You're so smart, even your ass is smart!
            Don't quit your dayjobs and become comedians. Trust me.

Comment

eh, give him a break. He's a kraut
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

You mean it doesn't explain game concepts or how to use the interface? Man, what a bad manual.
                No, that's only in the tutorial and the subliminal messages.
                I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                New faces...Strange places,
                Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                  Well I was going to say something about a recent Beck's commercial about how Germans are known for beer, not comedy, (it had a German telling really bad jokes) but I didn't want people to take it the wrong way.

Comment

They had a similar advert for the Peugot. But anyway.

There is, of course, always the possibility that the manual will only be in electronic form. I hope this isn't the case, but it is increasingly the trend.
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Chowlett
                      There is, of course, always the possibility that the manual will only be in electronic form. I hope this isn't the case, but it is increasingly the trend.
                      I sincerely hope not, that would be an atrocity

I want something to put on my book shelf, similar to the previous manuals. Color pages would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                        Hey, I am a Germanophile...
                        Rome rules

Comment

Electronic manual is enough for me. Such a manual in book form merely takes up unneccessary shelf space.
                          Rome rules

Comment

manual = install credits and what the screen buttons do, and their keyboard shortcuts
                            strategy guide = all the basic concepts

isnt that how the gaming companies are ripping us off these days?

i hope infograms/firaxis dont pull this crap like activision did

Comment

I want a big, juicy manual that I can use as bedtime reading... I hope they do not disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X