Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to play Barbarians

First post! Yay!

When I say I want to play barbarians, I don't mean I want to play all the red units on the map. What I want is to have the challenge of starting on a map with developed computer civilizations, with a number of unsupported units equal to your typical barbarian horde. I then want to use that selection of units to quick-conquer a computer civ.

I doubt the devs thought of a play mode like this, though I would love it if you guys informed me that I was wrong.

But, if the game doesn't support a play mode like this, I have an idea: a lost game exchange. What I mean is this. If others are interested in this sort of play mode, those of us who actually play until we lose completely (because we suck ) can save the game *just before* we lose completely (like, the turn before). Then, open it with the editor, look for a full sized barbarian horde, preferably a bit away from the nearest developed civ. If there is one, turn all the reds to the civ that is about to get obliterated, convert the one city of that civ to the conquering civ, and save.

Of course, already knowing the map, you would get the wonderful fun that is exploring this brave new world. Thus, you *trade* this edited savegame with someone else who has done the same, and viola! You are now the newly elected leader of a bunch of backwater tribals destined to conquer an empire!
    To those who understand,
    I extend my hand.
    To the doubtful I demand,
    Take me as I am.

That would be really cool. Difficult but cool. Yah you could always create a scenario though I don't think you could start out a civ like that. Though some people play like Barbarians anyway
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well...

Do this:

-Start a new game
      -Customize civ name to be your Barbarian tribe of choice
      -Begin game
      -in 4000 BC, save game as scenario
      -Using editor, give yourself your starting units for your horde
      -DO NOT FOUND A CITY, just keep the settler going. Don't let him die, though!
      -Then play as normal.

Viola.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

thats dumb. But in some of the other civ games you can play as babrians

Comment

Working...
        X