Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What features would you like to see in an expansion pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sabre2th

Let him dream
    To both of you.....One day I will get my C++ or whatever I need certificate and program a Canadian civilization for Civ3!!! The special unit will be a beaver with a hockey puck as a special weapon. It can be fired 2X per turn!!! The leader will be a rye swilling John A. Macdonald!
    And then I'll.....well you just wait........

"To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

I hope the Civ expansion gets rid of the palace and replaces it with the Civ-harem. It's an idea that my imagination would enjoy much more

Comment

Originally posted by SerapisIV
        I hope the Civ expansion gets rid of the palace and replaces it with the Civ-harem. It's an idea that my imagination would enjoy much more

Just a bit of tuning: "harem" if you are playing with an Arabian Civilization.
        "Playboy House" if you are playing as American.

With the latter you risk to have a "Lawyers" assault sended from your legitim wife, who can destroy your harem and bring half of your money in a turn
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I would like updated AI in the expansion, one thing in particular which would appeal is an alternate set of leaders, I'm assuming each AI leader has some sort of play style (like in SMAX), so they could create 16 more so each civilisation has a "Militaristic" and a "Builder" leader.

Comment

* More civs (at least 16, preferably more like 24)
            * More leaders (Cheops, Ramses for Egypt; Cyrus, Abbas, Ismail for Persia; Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great, Boris the So-So ( ) for Russia; etc.)

I'd also like to see more units, scenarios, maps, terrain types (salt flats, sand dunes, at least one more forest type), and resources, but I am sure the mod community will provide them in abundance. It's amazing what was out there for Civ2!

Really, we don't even know what all can be modified. I just learned you'll be able to add new governments, for example. I guess I'll know more about what I want when I have the game.

Comment

-- More civs. 8-12 minimum, 16 is good, 24 would be great
              -- More scenarios.
              -- Larger maps and more civs in play at once. (Is 400x400 too much to ask for...? )
              -- More civ characteristics.
              -- Better AI. Should go without saying, but...
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

hard to say what I would want in a CivIII XP. Definately added civs though, and some techs, facilities, etc.

Units too... heck, just give us a little more of everything and I'll buy it for a $1.

Comment

- more civabilites
                  - more turns/game
                  - more technologies
                  - more units
                  - more improvements
                  - more wonders
                  - A flag for each civ that the units hold (and an option to play with flags only and no colors).
                  - split up the eras in early and late for each era
                  - the top 16 (at least) civs from Locutus’ POLL.
                  - No responsibility if Neanderthals are included
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Since some aspects of the game require lots of 3d animation work, I'd like to of course see some new leaders and new units.
                    Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

i would also like to see some realistic furture units (i.e. things that are doable today, and maybe have prototypes for, but not mass produced for whatever reason)

Comment

My wishlist for an expansion pack:

1) Civ III so I can run the expansion pack
                        2) The expansion pack

Of course, both should be free and downloadable, compressed into files no larger than 5 bytes, have full support for all versions of Windows, Mac, Linux, BeOS, Atari, Game Boy, my television and the palm of my hand, and should also come with a Tickle-Me-Hammurabi doll.
                        "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                        "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Working...
                        X