An idea to combat warmongering (but much too late):

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea to combat warmongering (but much too late):

It's pretty simple really, you could earn the right to construct a few minor wonders based on:

1- A certain number of years (turns) of no combat between you and another Civ taking place. You could thrash barbarians though...

2- Having an alliance with half of the civs currently in the game that lasted enough turns (20?)...

3- Having the smallest military (a wierd idea, but...)

etc... et. al.

And the wonders could consist of developing superior spy networks, or causing whomever attacks you to seriously lose world favor (as in a world embargo) because you're just a pacifist who oughta be left alone, or ANY NUMBER of things that would make pacifism a real possible choice or at least a temporary strategy.

Just my 2 cents.

And while they're at it, Firaxis should add a Great Wonder that can only be built if you've successfully crushed at least 2 other civilizations.
    Humans are like cockroaches, no matter how hard you try, you can't exterminate them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Executor
      And while they're at it, Firaxis should add a Great Wonder that can only be built if you've successfully crushed at least 2 other civilizations.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Why don't you just make a mod, and you can change all of the units to non-violent, loving units with a fondness of nature and crap. You could have the following units instead of those mean ones they're going to put in the game, such as;-

Teletubbies
        Care Bears
        Smurfs
        Barney so-nauseatingly-nice-that-he-must-die-an-excruciating-death-preferably-by-fire Dinosaurs

And if you let me blow the crap out of them with my cuddly-obliterator cannons, i will play you in multiplayer, gladly That is, of course, if they ever give CivIII multiplayer

Either that, or you could just go back to playing with your dolls

Comment

And they say Australians aren't well-mannered...

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I am normally, but some people talk about war in Civ as some sort of curse, despite it playing a large role in civ games and in history. There are other games out there without war, but Civilisation games without war just doesn't make sense at all.

Comment

An idea that I had awhile ago would be a new trait. It would be the opposite of Expansionist... Isolationist. I'm not sure what the benifits of Isolationism are but it is a trait among many civilizations. Maybe you would have some sort of resistance to espionage. Anyway, just an idea.

Is Civ 3's editor gonna be good enough to create new traits? I hope so
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                Is Civ 3's editor gonna be good enough to create new traits? I hope so
                I certainly hope the editor is too, i plan to spend many hours on the editor after i have beaten the game a few times. On the subject of pacifist, it would make sense, look at swiltzerland its been netraul for who knows how long, although it diffenetly shouldn't be based on who has the weakest army, you can be a pacifist and have a gigantic army. That's what i did once as a challenge, see if i could be friends with all the civilizations and win by a dimplomic victory.
                Let us unite together as one nation, a world nation" - Gundam Wing

"The God of War will destroy all mortals whom dare stand in his way"

Comment

Working...
                X