World Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Map

I'm sorry if I'm bringing up old points. I've only recently returned to the Civ3 section...

Is there going to be a world map as before? What's the biggest size world map that will be included with the game?
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

I would give you the standard "where have you been" remark but you already explained yourself.

Yes, there will be world maps. Firaxis would be very stupid not to (one of the CtP games didn't come with one and there was an uproar). The biggest will be roughly 6 times as big as the biggest world map from CivII.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

The biggest will be roughly 6 times as big as the biggest world map from CivII.
      :drools:
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Yeah, ain't it great?

Turn off your away message!
        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)

Comment

IIRC, the 6x bigger was the maximum map size. I don't think Firaxis will bundle a map that big, but one that is will probably be on the 'Net soon after the games release.
          "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
          "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

lets hope so!

I'll give $100 dollars to the first person that sends me a really well done world map at 256x256

*note - by reading this message you void all monetary claims for your map

Comment

If that is true then the max. CivII map size was...uh 42? I'm very sure Mr. Magaha said world map.

Comment

that's 42.6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

Comment

mhhhh... thats like 20+ cities in England alone
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I really hope the maps are accuarate. It would be nice if they compensated for the distortions caused by turning the earth from a sphere into a cylinder. In the Civ2 maps Russia was far too large and places like India too small.

It was also be good if they were more careful about the fertility of different regions. In the real world, most of Central Asia makes very poor farmland and cannot support a large population. The top part is unihabitable tundra, than its thick, snow-coated forest, then a strip of habitable land big enough to support about one row of cities from the Baltic to the Pacific and the rest is either very arid or mountainous. In Civ2 it is this wonderful, huge grassland that fed and housed the bulk of the world's population. Not very historically correct. In reality it is only coastal regions (due to rain) and river valleys that have been able to support large populations.

They should also provide some habitable land on the western coast of South America since that is where most of its civilizations have been concentrated.
                    http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                      that's 42.6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

You forgot, oh, about an infinite number of sixes. (that means shut up!)

Lumpkin, there really isn't any other way to make a world map that uses square tiles accurate. There will be some distortion unless you create a sphere (something that isn't going to happen).

Comment

I found a user-made one on the internet which was a great deal more accurate than the one that came with Civ2. I can fish it out for you if you like.

I also modified by scenario map to try and make it more accurate, at least in regard to the Central Asia problem.
                        http://www.cojadate.com/

Comment

Central Asia in the Civ2 world map was mainly desert plains and forest. I don't remember much grassland...

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpkin
                            I found a user-made one on the internet which was a great deal more accurate than the one that came with Civ2. I can fish it out for you if you like.

I also modified by scenario map to try and make it more accurate, at least in regard to the Central Asia problem.
                            I'd be very interested in that map, dude.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Orange,

Just wanted to tell you that your icon (or avatar or whatever) has to be the coolest of all time! The ever-changing map of Europe is awesome. I spent most of my time on this thread memorized by it!

How did you set it up?
                              Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

Working...
                              X