Limited Edition: DVD or CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Edition: DVD or CD?

Anyone got any idea whether the LE will have DVD or CD('s)?

Quite important to me, as I've ordered the LE from Chips & Bits, but don't have a DVD drive...

Also, when they talk about these special videos, I assume they mean something in digital format, not a US NTSC video cassette (which I would also be unable to view here in the UK).
    Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
    Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

I am almost certain that everything will come on CD's - I don't know of any game released on DVD as of late. It would make much more sense to put the videos on CD's, rather than bulky tapes. So, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
      I am almost certain that everything will come on CD's - I don't know of any game released on DVD as of late. It would make much more sense to put the videos on CD's, rather than bulky tapes. So, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
      agreed
      And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Thanks for your reassuring replies! Puts those particular fears to rest, at any rate...
        Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
        Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

Will it be on the selves at the same time as the regular civ 3 package?

Comment

I WANT IT ON DVD, SIMPLY SO I CAN HAVE IT BETTER THAN MOST OTHER PC OWNERS

Get a DVD-rom drive. You're gonna need one in the future anyway.

Comment

red_jon, the concept of watching films on my computer, or hooking up my TV to my computer (meaning that the noisy computer will have to be turned on while watching a film) has never appealed to me. So when I bought this computer back in February, I didn't care about spending any extra money on a DVD-ROM. Was that a bad decition? Will DVD-drives completely take over the role of CD-ROM drives, so that I will HAVE to update in a matter of a year or two?

Peace!
              -- Roland

Comment

Woohoo - now I'm a Chieftain! Bye bye little Settler!

Peace!
                -- Roland

***Edit: Mis-spelled Chieftain! ***

btw: How do you actually spell "mis-spelled"?

Comment

btw: How do you actually spell "mis-spelled"?
                  Taken from dictionary.com
                  misspell \Mis*spell"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Misspelled, or Misspelt; p. pr. & vb. n. Misspelling.] To spell incorrectly.

Comment

Hey Thanks! I guess this means I'll never misspell "misspell" anymore!

Peace!
                    -- Roland

Comment

Originally posted by Roland Ehnström
                      red_jon, the concept of watching films on my computer, or hooking up my TV to my computer (meaning that the noisy computer will have to be turned on while watching a film) has never appealed to me. So when I bought this computer back in February, I didn't care about spending any extra money on a DVD-ROM. Was that a bad decition? Will DVD-drives completely take over the role of CD-ROM drives, so that I will HAVE to update in a matter of a year or two?

Peace!
                      -- Roland
                      DVD's can contain much more data than regular CD-ROM's, so I guess it will make CD-ROM's obsolete....
                      Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                      If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                      "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Originally posted by Roland Ehnström
                        Hey Thanks! I guess this means I'll never misspell "misspell" anymore!
                        No problem. About DVD/CD: I wouldn't mind a DVD, but a CD would make more sense, since not everyone has a DVD drive.

Comment

i don't think they have a few gigs of stuff that they feel an absolute burning need to distribute to the public anyway. DVDs have better quality because they can hold more stuff. That's about it. Not because it's inherently superior quality.

DVD drives are relatively cheap nowadays... but I look forward to the day when that damned region coding is finally gotten rid of.

(and if you have a 'puter already, cheaper than getting an entire DVD machine to hook up to your TV)

Comment

Working...
                          X