Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people keep posting bonehead suggestions for Civ3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people keep posting bonehead suggestions for Civ3?

The game will be out in a month. I seriously doubt that any new features will be implemented at this point. Especially stupid suggestions.
    So.... suggestions=canned meat product.

Maybe because they care a lot about the game. Maybe because they just thought of something. Who knows??

It's an open forum. People can say what they want.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

The "Ideas" forum has been locked for a couple months now. They have nowhere else to post until the game is released and they add a "Modification/Creation" forum for Civ3.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Maybe because every bonehead suggestion adds 1 to post count

Maybe because it's a way of taking our minds off the fact that it's still 30 days to launch
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

...because those people are boneheads.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that some of these people either:

a. Do not know that Civ3 is in Beta Test.

b. Do not understand that Beta Test means that all the major code work has been locked in place and the Firaxis team is working on a combination of bug hunting and play balance fine tuning

c. Just do not care about options a. or b.

Personally, I'm more interested in trying to figure out how to get a MOM2 ideas forum started here to help Quicksilver show Infogrames that MOM2 has great potential sales once they've gotten MOO3 released. Not to mention the fact that I have some ideas for MOM2 I think are interesting.

Comment

Re: Why do people keep posting bonehead suggestions for Civ3?

Originally posted by HalfLotus
              The game will be out in a month. I seriously doubt that any new features will be implemented at this point.
              Agreed. I suspect that production & distribution of the game is either underway, or will begin in the next few days.

Still, sugestions keep this forum ticking over, and provide ideas for people to impliment in scenarios & mods when the game is released.

and each suggestion adds one to your post count
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                Maybe because every bonehead suggestion adds 1 to post count

Maybe because it's a way of taking our minds off the fact that it's still 30 days to launch
                fortunately, so does commenting on bonehead suggestions and it often takes much less writing ('b***ocks!' will suffice )

Comment

probably for similar reasons that people start bonehead threads...
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X