Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 city overlapping

From what i have heard the city radious will grow through the
    entire game on a cultural basis, meaning a single late city will be able to take reasources, food and luxuries from an entire small continent in the late game.
    Doesnt this mean that there will be tremendous overlapping in the late game if the city radious grow in all your cities? Or have i misunderstood they way cities work?

Just wondering since city overlapping has always bugged me
    If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
    And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Re: Civ3 city overlapping

Originally posted by DonJoel
    From what i have heard the city radious will grow through the
    entire game on a cultural basis, meaning a single late city will be able to take reasources, food and luxuries from an entire small continent in the late game.
    Doesnt this mean that there will be tremendous overlapping in the late game if the city radious grow in all your cities? Or have i misunderstood they way cities work?
    The city radius will continue to be 21 tiles, tops. Culture won't make your city radius grow over 21, what it'll do is make your empire borders grow. Empire borders and city borders are 2 different concepts.

Comment

city borders will expand, not city radius;

radius is the original 2-squares around city, effecting which tiles you can work on
      border is the new concept effecting which resources you can harvest

Comment

Thanks guys, thats just what I wanted to hear.
        If you place a thing into the center of your life, that lacks the power to nourish. It will eventually poison everything that you are.
        And destroy you. -Maxi Jazz, Faithless

Comment

Working...
        X