28 Dec Uk release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 Dec Uk release?

I've just looked at Amazon UK and the release date stated is 28th December!

I thought it was more likely to be the end of October. Anyone know anything about this?
    Tod.MB

Why would they release a game just after Christmas but before New Year. It is totally illogical, and I would guess that Amazon is wrong.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I suggest we not put too much faith in that. Releasing a game just after!! christmas seems just plain silly.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Here's the deal:

If UK (Europe) release comes more than month after US release, I'll get an ISO of US-version from net and play that 'till the UK-version is released and buy that then. I'm sooooooooo pissed off because those damn Americans can get their Civ3 earlier! Pissed off! ->

Comment

Both Gameplay and Special Reserve have the release date of 30th November, which seems much more likely to me. Then it will be just a month after America.

Comment

Last time I pre-ordered a game off amazon.co.uk they were a month and a half out, at least they're getting better.

David
            "War: A by-product of the arts of peace." Bierce

Comment

Actually, the most impatient Europeans can get a pirate copy first. Get a pirate copy, play it for some 3-4 weeks, and then go out and buy the real game. It seems quite OK to me - if you buy the real game anyway, Firaxis shouldn't care much about this. And I'd really ask everybody to buy the real game.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                Actually, the most impatient Europeans can get a pirate copy first. Get a pirate copy, play it for some 3-4 weeks, and then go out and buy the real game. It seems quite OK to me - if you buy the real game anyway, Firaxis shouldn't care much about this. And I'd really ask everybody to buy the real game.
                Well, that's exactly what I was talking about?

Comment

In fact, yes . It's just that you'll download, while I think findind the ISo somewhere on net is really hard. I'd better get the disk then, it costs 2-3$ anyway. Pirate disks arrive quickly. The real game will be in Europe November, I trust. It's 21st century, after all.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Infogrames UK claims the date is "Mid-November".
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                      Why would they release a game just after Christmas but before New Year. It is totally illogical, and I would guess that Amazon is wrong.
                      That's game development for you! Maybe the US will buy all available copies, meaning there aren't any left for us Europeans

I think November the 30th seems most likely now in the UK.

Comment

I would sincerely hope that the release date is not long after the US, any more than 12.3 milliseconds and I will be downloading it from warez (consider it flattery, Firaxis, I will buy the game once available )

Hey Haphazard, where in East Yorkshire are you from? I am from Hull myself so you probably don't live too far away!
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Wexu
                          I'm sooooooooo pissed off because those damn Americans can get their Civ3 earlier!
                          So why not buy the game from Amazon.com or another american on-line store? I'm planning on doing so.

Comment

I've pre-ordered the bog-standard version from www.gameplay.com.

30/11/01 say they.

Josef
                            A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

One benefit of the Yanks getting Civ3 first is that we get to hear their reviews and decide if the game is worth getting. About one week would be best.

It was invaluable with regards CtP.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X